Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nickpocalypse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2011
Vancouver, BC, CA
Hello!

I hope someone can help me :) My problem is that photos that I take with my iPhone 4S are no longer appearing in Photo Stream on either my 4S or my iPad 1. They're both running iOS 5.1, they both have iCloud + Photo Stream On, and are both connected to WiFi in my house. The Camera app on my 4S is off. What's missing? What can I do to have photos appear in the Photo Stream again?

Thank you!

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Hello!

I hope someone can help me :) My problem is that photos that I take with my iPhone 4S are no longer appearing in Photo Stream on either my 4S or my iPad 1. They're both running iOS 5.1, they both have iCloud + Photo Stream On, and are both connected to WiFi in my house. The Camera app on my 4S is off. What's missing? What can I do to have photos appear in the Photo Stream again?

Thank you!

I assumed you are logged into your iCloud account on both devices. Are these new pictures your taking not going into PhotoStream? I ask because if you turn off iCloud, the pictures already on your device are not transferred up to iCloud. They may already be there from a previous session.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Hello!

Thank you!

I just noticed I'm having this same problem today.

TOMIMOT

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Canada
first make sure all your devices are connected to the same iCloud with photo stream on. Remember all images taken before photo stream enabled won't be transferred to your stream. And if your using a third party app for a camera like camera + make sure you save your photos to your camera roll. If that helps :S other than that i have nooooo clue, it doesn't matter if your connected to wifi or not, (as in 3g or wifi enabled iPhone/ipad or 4g lol)

Sean Gould

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Same problem. Photos I took on my iPhone are showing up on photo stream ON the phone but not on my iPad. Was working earlier today. I'm assuming something is down on Apple's end.

supersalo

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Make sure your battery has more than 20% left. Photo stream doesn't work when the battery is low

Deluge

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
Make sure your battery has more than 20% left. Photo stream doesn't work when the battery is low

Ah ok - I was having the same problem but when I took a test shot my battery WAS < 20%.

I'll charge it up again and reconnect.

iBighouse

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
I've never been able to get PhotoStream to work from PC to iOS devices but once.

According to Apple, if you place photos in your "Upload" folder on your PC they are supposed to make it over to your iOS devices...I managed to do this ONCE and only once, but there were issues with the photos on the iOS devices when they arrived there. Photo Stream cropped the images to a square format and put white vertical wide margins on the images...odd.

Ever since then, no matter what I place in the Upload folder, or what my battery charge is on my devices, the photos I place there simply won't transfer.

I've change security settings for the folders, made sure they were not read only, etc, etc, etc, all suggestions for a fix I've found on other websites- but none of my attempts ever get Photo Stream to work as advertised....

Love my new iPad and iPhone 4S...but as for iCloud Content Manager and Photo Stream...well....FAIL!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.