Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Launch Meetups

Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
Third-Gen iPad Launch, Tysons Corner, VA

Launch Day is coming up fast now! Anyone planning to hang out at Tysons Corner in the wee hours of the morning?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:28 AM   #2
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Hanging out at the mall....

Things are a little different at Tyson's this year. We were brought in in groups of ten and people are issued a wristband. I think that is a good idea and will prevent possible problems.

The new iPad is GORGEOUS!!!! They have three of them on a circular spinning pilllar and the retina screen is stunning, truly gorgeous. Wow!!!!

Right now there are about forty people in line.....
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:49 AM   #3
fkhan3
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update. I'm planning on getting there around 9:30am. I am hoping they still have stock available by then.
fkhan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

I cannot see to the end of the line but there are well over a hundred people in line now. I have the feeling that they have plenty of stock, though.... Good luck!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:39 AM   #5
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Not too surprising. Typical launch goes from opposite side of Apple to end of that bank of stores, goes right toward exit and loops around back toward Bloomingdales.

Hey when you make it out of the store can you report if they are stocking any 3rd party cases? Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Home now, new iPad all freshly synced and raring to go! She is gorgeous!! I was surprised when I left the store at about 8:30 that there was very little line left -- usually the lines have been major at launches,but not this one! I guess a lot of people preordered......

Sorry, I didn't check on third- party accessories, as I already have everything that I had used with my first-gen iPad and the iPad 2. All I bought today was the iPad itself (64 GB AT&T) and AppleCare+.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:48 AM   #7
fkhan3
macrumors 6502

I got there around 9:40 and there was no line at all. They had plenty of stock. I was out in 10 minutes.

Back at work now, cant wait to get home and try this baby out.
fkhan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Launch Meetups