Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony La

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2011
the iPhone/iPad apps aren't in Intel code, so they definitely will never run on OSx.

Reminders.app. As in, Mountain Lion's Reminders app.

Incidentally, attempting to run Mountain Lion's Reminders app in Lion via Terminal causes a Fragmentation Error (11).

DagazaGZ

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
Actually yeah, I've never really thought of it. You can run messages on Lion... so maybe. Let us know if you try.

benguild

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2003

Incidentally, attempting to run Mountain Lion's Reminders app in Lion via Terminal causes a Fragmentation Error (11).

Hmm. That sucks.
I really want to get rid of my current tasks solution and the OS X Reminders App would be a solid option.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011

That would be a segmentation fault.

Anyway, Reminders undoubtedly depends on APIs, frameworks and/or libraries in Mountain Lion that don't exist in Lion. As such, when it tries to call them, it'll crash. Segfaults are typically what you get in that case.

Simon Aldersley

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
No, but iCal has reminders as a feature. All apple did with mountain lion was made it a standalone app, they did it with notes too!

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
the iPhone/iPad apps aren't in Intel code, so they definitely will never run on OSx.

Since this is the Mountain Lion forum the OP is obviously talking about Reminders.app from Mountain Lion and not Reminders.app from iOS.

iOS is derived from OS X so an argument can be made that the iOS Reminders app is already running on OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.