Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bushy162

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
iPhone 4 is not only the finest product that apple has ever made, it's probably the finest thing humans can buy.

How can making it thinner make it better?

I DON'T WANT IT THINNER!

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Making something thinner and lighter isn't always what's needed.
It obviously wasn't for the iPad. (Heavier and thicker)

But, I'm sure Apple will make the next iPhone which is as ergonomic as possible. We'll see.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Finest things humans can buy aren't made in Chinese sweat shops for bottom dollar. Pretty yes, nice piece of engineering yes, finest thing a human can buy definitely not.

I'll take more function over form. I trust apple won't put out a piece of crap for their next iPhone.

Bushy162

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Finest things humans can buy aren't made in Chinese sweat shops for bottom dollar. Pretty yes, nice piece of engineering yes, finest thing a human can buy definitely not.

I'll take more function over form. I trust apple won't put out a piece of crap for their next iPhone.

Pretty, more like beautiful. I didn't mean ethically, I just meant aesthetically, and functionally.

Smug Boy

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2011
The next iPhone will be a total design revamp, just like the iPhone 4 was. I think that everyone will be very happy with the new design.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
iPhone 4 is not only the finest product that apple has ever made, it's probably the finest thing humans can buy.

I DON'T WANT IT THINNER!

Great! We have another of those first world problems to worry about now!

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I think that everyone will be very happy with the new design.

There are always some people unhappy with anything.

I am hoping for a redesign for the next iPhone. I don't like the exposed glass front and back. Too fragile, plus the glass thickness doesn't contribute to the width of the part you hold, making it far less comfortable to hold than it could be.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
iPhone 5 keynote*

"So now that we've covered iLife and our statistics of just how well Mountain Lion was adopted lets dig into the next iPhone. *Shows picture*. Notice any changes? Well from the side you can tell that we've curved the edges AND made the device 33.3% THINNER! Now back in March of this year we were making the final judgement calls for production and we almost said no to making it thinner, but then we saw Bushy162 on Macrumors. We could tell subliminally that he wanted a thinner iPhone so thanks to his posts we can now all enjoy a thinner device!"

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
The next iPhone will be a total design revamp, just like the iPhone 4 was. I think that everyone will be very happy with the new design.

This isn't a sure thing at all.

Some of the potential designs that I've seen on the internet I haven't liked at all and would probably keep me from buying the phone and keeping my 4S a little longer.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
it's probably the finest thing humans can buy.

Nope. It's pretty good as phones go, but you can't sit there and tell me it looks better than this:

matte_black_lamborghini_aventador.jpg

I think the iPhone could be thinner and be just as structurally sound, just don't use glass.

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
I want it to have rounded edges. Don't want it to wobble when put on a table tho. 4", rounded edges, a little bit thinner than the iPhone 4 and I'm fine!

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011

I DON'T WANT IT THINNER!

I'm sure they will call and ask you before they release the next model. :rolleyes:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

I DON'T WANT IT THINNER!

Um, the finest thing a human can buy!!??:eek:

Whoa, that covers a lot of ground.

Also, was that to distinguish between what humans can buy and what three toed sloths can buy??:confused:

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010

I DON'T WANT IT THINNER!

Sorry but what's the point of this thread? No one knows what the next iPhone will look like so no reason to speculate.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I hate the hardware of the iP4/4S. It's incredibly slippery and awkward to hold without a case of some sort. I'd rather have phone that I could use sans case with no worries (like the first gen iPhone).

Don't get me wrong, I love everything about the performance of my iP4 (except the screen is now too small). But I'm also conceding that with a silicone case wrapped around it which causes it to be heavier and bulkier than I would like for it to be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.