Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I have a iFaraday Artist Firm Dome and a Adonit Jot Pro.

Both work extremely well but the iFaraday does allow for steeper angles but the Jot Pro is easier to see where you are writing.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I have both, and am not overly thrilled with either. I would really like to see technology give the feel and speed of a real pen some day.

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
c6e4d1d9-8bdd-4e9e.jpg

c6e4d1d9-8bf1-5466.jpg

All add a vote for the Pro. I picked one up at MacWorld and was really impressed. It is by far the most comfortable stylus I've ever used in terms of feeling like a pen. Whenever I use any of the more prevalent nub style styluses it feels like I'm drawing with a stick in the sand. Highly recommended.

Last edited:

oliboli

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
I have the Jot Classic (writes the same as the Pro) and I've really enjoyed it thus far. I've taken some notes with it, getting more and more used to it every day. It has a substantial feel in hand. I am careful about the disc, though. With the Jot I'm able to write almost as naturally as with an actual pen. Full disclosure - I haven't used the Bamboo but so far I only have good things to say about the Jot.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
All add a vote for the Pro. I picked one up at MacWorld and was really impressed. It is by far the most comfortable stylus I've ever used in terms of feeling like a pen. Whenever I use any of the more prevalent nub style styluses it feels like I'm drawing with a stick in the sand. Highly recommended.

Another glowing review for an Adonit product just like this one, complete with more inline pics. I'm glad they only have 2 products or there would be a third story about what you saw at MacWorld.

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
I'm not sure if you're thanking me for contributing to the thread, complaining that I'm bragging about having attended MacWorld or accusing me of being some sort of shill for that company but I am definitely just trying to help somebody make a purchasing decision.

I was just some guy that was walking around MacWorld and wanted to see what the big crowd of people at their booth we're so interested in. They were selling the stylus at a discount and I picked one up.

If you look at my posting history I'm you'll find many responses to many posts about many products.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
For writing, no comparison....the Jot Pro. But I carry that and a Bamboo both everyday. I love the Bamboo and use it for sketches and whiteboard drawings. The Jot pro isn't a good general purpose stylus....it just excels at writing.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
No scratches for me from the Jot Pro. The stylus itself is not going to scratch your screen. What can happen is that a piece of grit gets caught between the Jot Pro disc and the screen itself and that grit will scratch your screen.

But to put this into perspective, I'm in the construction business. My iPad 2 was on job sites where my "desk" was typically a piece of plywood nailed to a couple of sawhorses or more likely just a stack of drywall. It was exposed to grit and grime, sawdust, metal shavings and all sorts of stuff every day for almost a year. I had the Jot before the Jot Pro and didn't have a single scratch on my screen when I sold it. No screen protector either (which I find superfluous on an iPad personally). All I did was ensure that I wiped down my screen a few times each day and I typically used my Bamboo for normal use to keep the grit from my hands off the screen as well.

Trust me...the stylus itself will NOT scratch your screen. Grit trapped between it and the screen can and will, however.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I read that the Adonit scratches the screen...anyone have problems with this?

I have a screen protector on and after using for awhile I noticed lines across my entire screen. I cleaned it and all of it went away.

The bottom of the disc is extremely smooth. I cannot see it scratching anything plus the material is softer than glass so there is no way it will scratch glass unless sand gets under it. Screen protector on the other hand just needs any kind of grit to scratch.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
For writing, no comparison....the Jot Pro. But I carry that and a Bamboo both everyday. I love the Bamboo and use it for sketches and whiteboard drawings. The Jot pro isn't a good general purpose stylus....it just excels at writing.

Did you buy the adonit stylus?

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010

Ahhhh. I never thought to think that the bamboo might be better for drawing. I'm not much of an artist and those instances when I am drawing something it's simply a fine line drawing-like the drawing I might do with a ballpoint pen-so I guess my Jot Pro has always worked well for me. But I can see if you want to replicate a more artistic tool something else that feels less like a ballpoint pen might be preferable.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I have too many issues sketching with the Jot Pro. But then I'm not an artist, more of a draftsman. I used to do mainly charcoal drawings for clients to give them quick "mockups" of what their final product would look like. The Jot Pro isn't as comfortable for me doing those as the Bamboo is. I feel more at home with the Bamboo for drawing.

For handwriting though....Jot Pro wins easily, and that's after I've used the Bamboo for almost a year taking hundreds of pages of notes using Noteabililty.

Zenteeric

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Just picked up the bamboo stylus this weekend at Best Buy. I love it so far can't stop using it. it actually makes me not want to use my fingers on my iPad anymore. it's even good for some games like incoboto where you have to drag with one finger across the screen in order to play. I can use the silence for 90% of the gameplay. pS, voice dictation is awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.