Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

east1999

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Hey everyone,

Now that the new iPad is out, store prices are down on the iPad 2, and I expect the prices on the used iPad market to go down as well. I've been expecting this launch because I can now get my first iPad in line with my very thin budget.

I'm already excluding the new iPad because I don't have the money to do that right now. But I'm really interested in the previous versions because they are now available for people like me. Thus I would like to know the difference between the 1 and 2 from people who have used them for the past years.

I originally wanted an iPad 1 and maybe go for 3g. But, as I scroll through auctions and find cheaper iPads 2, I can spend a little more and have it last longer. I used to own an iPod Touch 2nd gen., which I bought and sold for over 100$, having used it for over an year and a half. During that period iOS was updated and I kept noticing the iPod getting slower. I'm afraid that happens if I buy the iPad 1.

I'm not really interested in the new iPad 2 features (camera, thinner body, white bezel) but I want to know how the upgraded processor and RAM affect the daily use. And also, if 3g has been of any of use to you guys.

Thanks!

harlex

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2011
the iPad 2 is quite good not as good as the iPad hd.
the 3 g bit is a requirement that will allow you to use gps although you don't need to use 3g to use gps, you can download where you want to go from an internet connection and then gps will track your route without 3g connection.

Despite what people say the camera is not that bad.

I will upgrade my iPad 2 shortly the iPad hd is not available until 16th.

I use mine as a photo/video presenter at exhibitions and the HD version would be a good asset, although there is rumoured that an updated model will launch in the 3rd quarter with a proper quad core processor, at the moment it is a dual core cpu and a quad core gpu, mainly to drive the screen and gaming, i have no interest in gaming.

ipadipadipad

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
how much is the difference?

how much is the difference between the two? how much do they go USED on the market?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.