Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
Is ther a way that i can use a eMac as a second screen for my server, over a LAN, or as a primary screen. i tried to use teamviewer, but it only connected me to myself.

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
Is ther a way that i can use a eMac as a second screen for my server, over a LAN, or as a primary screen. i tried to use teamviewer, but it only connected me to myself.

You might need a VNC client for that. Set up a VNC server on the server and download a viewer for the emac.

pistooli

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2009
Hungary

If you run Leopard, then screen sharing is already built in. :)

Just enable it on the host in System Preferences/Sharing, and on the client computer you will see the host in Finder.

ppcg4mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2012
Northwest Kansas
If you run Leopard, then screen sharing is already built in. :)

Just enable it on the host in System Preferences/Sharing, and on the client computer you will see the host in Finder.

OK, im using Tiger Though. Ive been hunting for some Leopard Disks though.

Does anyone have recomendations, im using a ethernet cord to connect them, as i have no wifi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.