Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Will the Niners signing of Mario Manningham seal the deal for Peyton? He is supposed to make a decision by Monday or Tuesday, but this is really turning into a no brainer. The Niners far and away give him the best chance to win.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Looks like Manning goes to Denver and Tebow goes... ???

Also Seattle gets Matt Flynn. Cool.Maybe Seattle will have a decent QB this season.

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Well, I didn't think Denver was a good fit for Peyton, but it sure is going to be fun to watch. I'm a Titans homer so that also could have had something to do with it. :D

Now the key question is, do you take a risk on Peyton as a starting fantasy QB? :confused:

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Well, I didn't think Denver was a good fit for Peyton, but it sure is going to be fun to watch. I'm a Titans homer so that also could have had something to do with it. :D

Now the key question is, do you take a risk on Peyton as a starting fantasy QB? :confused:

I think you'd be able to get him as a steal in the draft.

chordate68

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Los Angeles

It depends how deep your league is. I'd say >10 don't risk it, but >12 go for it. I'll be picking him up as a back up if he's still available

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Looks like Manning goes to Denver and Tebow goes... ???

Also Seattle gets Matt Flynn. Cool.Maybe Seattle will have a decent QB this season.

Rumors have it they will be dealing Tebow out. Makes me wonder, why not just keep Tebow and have him train under Payton, unless Payton doesn't want anything to do with him.... :D

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Rumors have it they will be dealing Tebow out. Makes me wonder, why not just keep Tebow and have him train under Payton, unless Payton doesn't want anything to do with him.... :D

Yup. I can see Peyton standing there saying " I don't want to see no Tebowing. This game's about football".

I swear the way he talks sometimes reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I think Tebowmania + the Peyton Manning's coming-to-town-so-hello-Super-Bowl-circus would be too much of a distraction. I also don't think Elway and Fox want Tebow to stay. I think they want to groom another pocket passer to replace Manning and Tebow is not that guy.

Lethal

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Trying to start a new meme. :D

Attachments

• Manning-would-rate-high-as-TV-analyst-TSLULH4-x-large.png
    Manning-would-rate-high-as-TV-analyst-TSLULH4-x-large.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 70

hotgrease

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2010
I can see Tebow to Jacksonville, purely as a financial move. They need to sell seats. Also Tebow went to high school around there I think. They win a few games a year and continue to be irrelevant in the NFL.

I think the Broncos need to get Mike Wallace as the home-run hitter with Thomas as the possession guy. Maybe trade for Jonathan Stewart and sign Dallas Clark to solidify the offense. Then look to the defense - not sure who's still out there on that side though.

I would definitely start Manning in a 10-team FF league. No question.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I can see Tebow to Jacksonville, purely as a financial move. They need to sell seats. Also Tebow went to high school around there I think. They win a few games a year and continue to be irrelevant in the NFL.

I think the Broncos need to get Mike Wallace as the home-run hitter with Thomas as the possession guy. Maybe trade for Jonathan Stewart and sign Dallas Clark to solidify the offense. Then look to the defense - not sure who's still out there on that side though.

I would definitely start Manning in a 10-team FF league. No question.

If I had Rodgers and Peyton both on my team I'd start Rodgers. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.