Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Ouch... that one hurt. :(

Amid all the hype we still don't know if Manning will recover fully. Will he be the same passer he was before?
Physically, probably not. But a beat up Manning is still a top tier QB in the NFL, IMO. Given Manning's football IQ I think he can drop off physically much more than most QBs and still be effective. The Colts w/o Manning were abysmal last year so I think Manning going to a team that's already good w/o him gives him even more margin of error in terms of athletic performance. That's no guarantee of course because he still has to mesh w/his new teammates and coaches but I think the odds of Denver winning their division just went up a ton. W/that being said, the Chargers have given Manning issues in the past so we'll see if they still have his number in blue & orange.

Lethal

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
So what happens to Denver when they trade Tebow and then Manning gets sacked and re-aggravates the neck injury?

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
The Jets have traded for Tim Tebow.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Also per @AdamSchefter on twitter:

"Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2013."

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So who's the new backup in Denver ? Surely Elway isn't putting all his eggs in one basket with Manning.

Oh yea. Drew Brees is now at the bottom of my fantasy draft list. hehe

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Also per @AdamSchefter on twitter:

"Sean Payton suspended one year. Mickey Loomis 8 game and $500,000 fine. Saints fined $500,000 and a second round pick in 2012 and 2013."

ESPN.com said:
former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was suspended indefinitely,

Commissioner Roger Goodell will meet with Williams after the 2012 season and determine the coach's status.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

Glad to see Goodell lower the hammer on these people. I think Williams should be banned for life.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
You can't make this **** up. The Jets really do want to be the laughing stock of the league.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
How does suspending the gm for 8 games do anything to hurt him? His job is the draft, free agency and keeping players on/off the roster. Not being at a game is meaningless unless his suspension starts with Sean Payton's on April 1st. I don't understand that part.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
How does suspending the gm for 8 games do anything to hurt him? His job is the draft, free agency and keeping players on/off the roster. Not being at a game is meaningless unless his suspension starts with Sean Payton's on April 1st. I don't understand that part.
I think it is more symbolical of the commish saying, nobody is immuned.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Well, he does forfeit his pay during the suspension, which is probably a pretty big hit.

ESPN.com said:
Saints general manager Mickey Loomis is suspended without pay for the first eight regular-season games of the 2012 season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
@ACromartie on twitter said:
Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

Doesn't look good when your own players are questioning what the front office is doing.

Glad to see Goodell lower the hammer on these people. I think Williams should be banned for life.

That's a bit extreme. This kind of thing has most likely been going on at different levels on every team in the league. Somehow the Saints were just the first to get leaked to the press.

I think ESPN just exploded in their pants with all this Tebow Payton news.

Maybe Brett Favre will unretire again. Elway could bring him in to be Manning's backup. Bristol, CT would implode.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Doesn't look good when your own players are questioning what the front office is doing.

That's a bit extreme. This kind of thing has most likely been going on at different levels on every team in the league. Somehow the Saints were just the first to get leaked to the press.

Maybe Brett Favre will unretire again. Elway could bring him in to be Manning's backup. Bristol, CT would implode.
This is the same thing as spy gate, the Saints will be made an example of and the other teams better take notice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.