Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HotRodGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
This started happening to me last week. Apps are taking FOREVER to download. Often HOURS for a single app. Tried it on different wifi connections same results. It started before I did the latest OS update, and is still doing it after installing 5.1

Anyone running into this? Iphone downloads fine. Wifes Ipad downloads fine.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
This started happening to me last week. Apps are taking FOREVER to download. Often HOURS for a single app. Tried it on different wifi connections same results. It started before I did the latest OS update, and is still doing it after installing 5.1

Anyone running into this? Iphone downloads fine. Wifes Ipad downloads fine.

Are you downloading multiple apps at once, as in multi-update downloads or from a restore where all your apps are being re-downloaded from iCloud?

One thing you can try is to double-tap an app that is in progress of downloading and it is supposed to give it priority in the multi-download queue.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
I have the same issue.. One app takes forever to download!! Thats one of MANY reasons why my NEW IPAD was returned! LOL

HotRodGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Are you downloading multiple apps at once, as in multi-update downloads or from a restore where all your apps are being re-downloaded from iCloud?

One thing you can try is to double-tap an app that is in progress of downloading and it is supposed to give it priority in the multi-download queue.

Either or, I tried a mass update, that took two days to do. I tried downloading single apps and it still takes about a day. Most the time it doesn't even start downloading...just says "waiting"

I've had this ipad for about 7 months, just started doing this

----------

FYI, this is an Ipad 2

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Did you try a reset of the iPad? Press and hold both the home button and the power button until you see the apple logo.

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Did you try deleting the app that says waiting and then redownload it?

I have had a couple apps in the past seem to be waiting for a long time...usually a reboot fixes it but once I just deleted it and tried again.

Figured some run time type error or memory error...But that is only a guess

HotRodGuy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Did you try deleting the app that says waiting and then redownload it?

I have had a couple apps in the past seem to be waiting for a long time...usually a reboot fixes it but once I just deleted it and tried again.

Figured some run time type error or memory error...But that is only a guess

It won't let me delete the apps since they are "waiting". That said I tried the hard reset again just now and it worked. Then tried downloading another app....still got waiting....hard reset...bam it's there

Any idea why it's doing this? If I have to do a reset everytime I want to download an app that's going to get annoying!

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Same problem here, stuck on Waiting...there's a huge thread at apple support communities with the same complaint, it's not just you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.