Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
How to transfer pics from iPhone to iPad I have videos on iPhone and want them on my iPad

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
If you have an iCloud account then you should have Photostream available as well which allows you to see pics taken on one device on your other iOS devices as well.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Camera connection kit and USB cable. You plug the kit into the iPad and run the USB cable from the kit to your iPhone. The iPad will auto transfer the pics. You can choose all or individual pics.

Oman

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
if your using a PC, when you plug your iPhone in you should get the prompt to import pictures and videos. Just import your videos from your phone to your computer, then plug your iPad to your computer and put the videos in the movies folder and your done!

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
oo yea, jus noticed that.. then why did he put transfer pic on the heading.

i dont know of any good ways, i wouldnt want to transfer videos, but i think there is one way, but it sounds awfully painful.

plug in my iphone, move out the video, put it in a folder, sync that folder to the ipad. lol

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
If he has a Mac he can import the videos in to iPhoto and then import them to the iPad as well. I've done this with home videos.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
When we are on vacation, every night I dump all our pictures and video from our iPhones and our digital camera to the iPad with the camera connection kit.

diane143

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Wow there is really no way built in? I looked at Bluetooth and the phone and iPad won't see each other. Bump requires you to sign up. I don't want to turn on photo stream and have 700 pix sync just to look at a dozen on the iPad. I guess I'll Dropbox them!

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
iPhoto now is awesome for pic transfers. I have photostream set up but it isn't always the best method even though it's automatic.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
iPhoto for iOS
Mac with iTunes
Camera connection kit
email
iCloud (photostream)

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Try "Photo Transfer" app on iPad/iPhone. Just installed it in order to transfer a video captured by iPhone 4S to an iPad. It works great and the interface is quite intuitive and simple. Works over wifi or bluetooth. I found this app by following the link below...

http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/how-to-get-videos-from-iphone-to-ipad-without-itunes-sync

Also tried to transfer multiple photos in one shot between iPad and another iPad..

Yep, photo transfer app in the app store. Transfer photo or video to Mac, PC, iPhone, or iPad via wifi or Bluetooth. This is a great app.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Another vote for Photosync, it works great. Has software you can download for your Mac and also works with iPod's, iPads and iPhones. I love being able to wirelessly send photos to family members.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.