Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Hey guys i bought a zagg invisible shield screen protector for ipad im just wondering if i should put it on or not any suggestions?? Would my screen get easily scratched if i dont?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Hey guys i bought a zagg invisible shield screen protector for ipad im just wondering if i should put it on or not any suggestions?? Would my screen get easily scratched if i dont?

Do you have kids? are you accident prone? did you buy applecare for your new ipad?

if you said no to the first two and yes to the third then i say use it without a screen protector. It has the glass feeling as oppose to zaggs rubber feeling.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Do you have kids? are you accident prone? did you buy applecare for your new ipad?

if you said no to the first two and yes to the third then i say use it without a screen protector. It has the glass feeling as oppose to zaggs rubber feeling.

Yep. Totally agree. The naked glass feel is very nice to the touch. Also I doubt your be putting this in your pocket. So, I don't see how the display would get scratched up unless you have very sharp fingernails or you are wolverine.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I put it on mine, a crystal clear one so the retina screen isn't hampered. Large surface to pick up a scratch...any scratch. Reinforced glass or not. Can't be too careful.

Last edited:

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for your opinion i have apple care + and i bought a case from maroo so i think i should be all set

tazhombre

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2008
I've owned an iPad, iPad 2 and now the 3rd gen and never had a screen protector on any of them, never had a scratch either, but YMMV.

bt2184

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
The last thing I want to do is put a hazy rubber screen over my crystal clear retina iPad.

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Mine as a dirty big scratch on it, so yes. (on a similar note, should I return within the 14 day return period or put up with it?)

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
This is my problem. I always use screen protectors but this is the first time I am questing the use of one. No matter what you use the screen will never appear as clear as the original. But a scratch is 50 times worst than a screen protector. If you let someone use your ipad and they have jewelry on (diamond rings, watches, bracelets) you run the risk of screen damage.
I'm putting a screen protector on.

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
FWIW, I've never used screen protectors. My original iPad still looks like new 2 years later. My iPhone 4 however does have a scratch. But, the scratch is not visible/noticeable when the screen is on. Most scratches will only be visible when off.

midloman

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
Midllothian, VA
Screen protectors and fingerprints

Hey all,

I was wondering if the crystal type screen protectors help in hiding fingerprints at all without detracting from the retina display. I imagine there's some degradation, but if it's a little bit and I don't see the fingerprints I may be all right with that. I can't stand the fingerprints all over the screen.

One thing I noticed: I thought the iPhone and the iPad both had that oleopholic coating (or whatever it's called) that was supposed to minimize the fingerprint thing. It seems to work a lot better on the iPhone screen than it does on the iPad. Has anyone noticed this? There should be no difference in the black or white iPads, correct (mine is black)?

Does Power Support make iPad screen protectors? I've had good experience with their iPhone 3G protectors (matte), not sure how the crystal would work.

Thanks.

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Really should I return my zagg screen protector?? I'm debating weather to put it on or not I wipe my screen off every night after use

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Zagg don't make particularly gd films. SGP and Powersupport are one of the more trusted vendors

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
What's everyone doing about the glare when reading outside, or I'm at Starbucks and the lights are really bright.

I have a Moshi iVisor for the 4S, but it degrades the quality of the screen, no fingerprints whatsoever though.

I may go for the Powersupport AG.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
I wasn't going to, but I saw the Incipio one, and it looks pretty good, so I'm going to go ahead and put one on when I get the new iPad.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
I wasn't going to, but I saw the Incipio one, and it looks pretty good, so I'm going to go ahead and put one on when I get the new iPad.

Avoid the Incipio one. Bubbles like crazy, same problem with my friend's. JMHO. I put it on mine and will be taking it off as soon as I find a better one.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Avoid the Incipio one. Bubbles like crazy, same problem with my friend's. JMHO. I put it on mine and will be taking it off as soon as I find a better one.

I have the incipio on my iPad 2 and new iPad. I put them both on easily with no bubbles.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I use a Power Pupport antiglare. I just can't handle looking at myself every morning on the patio. Plus I love the anti-fingerprint properties. I'm sure it degrades the screen some but for me it's worth it.

I used to use Zagg (for years) when they were the only game in town. Didn't like the rubbery feel. There are way too many better ones out there now. Zagg is the worst.

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
I never use one I dont
like the feel on any of them and it just blankets my awesome screen and great feel of the glass is a must
Never again !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.