Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Site News

Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:25 PM   #51
Doctor Q
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
any idea of when the system will be back up again?
That's up to arn, and he hasn't decided yet. We're not going to keep it secret when MacRumors is taking contributions again, so you'll hear when we all hear.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:22 PM   #52
StarbucksSam
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip NoVaMac
I am disappointed to see this.

I have been on board for a year now. And I was looking forward to making this one of the few boards that i was willing to contribute to.

Some of it was the recent posting about my ranking. But more because i see a value in the site. I love the "hands-off" nature of the mods in most cases. I love the sense of "family" that I see here. I love that the mods do not require a "single focus" to the threads posted.

I do hope that when they decide how to maintain the fiscal burden of the site, I will be able to support it.
I concur. I really do see this site as a great mix between community members and moderators and I just love the whole "hands-off" feel you see too. Best forum I've ever been to.
StarbucksSam is offline   0
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:28 AM   #53
gwuMACaddict
macrumors 68040

agreed... count me in once you guys are taking checks again... or paypal or whatever...

for as much crap as i make you guys read that i write, i ought to be helping fund the site
Old Feb 23, 2005, 07:13 PM   #54
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Also would love a nice coffee or soup mug with the MR logo on it....
Old Feb 23, 2005, 07:17 PM   #55
Daveway
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Daveway
What about pens and posters?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:51 PM   #56
wdlove
macrumors 604

It would be OK with me if arn doesn't offer any products. That way all of my money will go toward the betterment of MacRumors.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:58 PM   #57
blackfox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlove
It would be OK with me if arn doesn't offer any products. That way all of my money will go toward the betterment of MacRumors.
thanks a lot wdlove...now all of us who'd like a mug seem like selfish pr**ks comparatively.

For the record, I would like to reitterate my desire to donate towards the cause and purchase a MR mug (when available) as separate activities.

I will keep a lookout for updates in these regards.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:22 PM   #58
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox
thanks a lot wdlove...now all of us who'd like a mug seem like selfish pr**ks comparatively.

For the record, I would like to reitterate my desire to donate towards the cause and purchase a MR mug (when available) as separate activities.

I will keep a lookout for updates in these regards.
With arn's new job -- I don't think he has the time to fool with mugs at the moment.

So there may be somebody new mugging MR members for cash.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:52 PM   #59
wdlove
macrumors 604

I'm sorry blackfox, didn't mean it against anyone else. Just meant it for me personally.

Sun Baked I didn't realize that arn had a new job. Do you know what the job title is now?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 02:07 AM   #60
jackieonasses
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to jackieonasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlove
I'm sorry blackfox, didn't mean it against anyone else. Just meant it for me personally.

Sun Baked I didn't realize that arn had a new job. Do you know what the job title is now?
I am sure you know this, but he is a doctor now.. Not sure how high up or anything. But it keeps him busy.

Just to let everyone know - i am a paid subscriber, and i never got a mug. But that doesn't bother me, i know i am a contributor to the greatest forum on the net.

kyle
jackieonasses is offline   0
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:55 PM   #61
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieonasses
I am sure you know this, but he is a doctor now.. Not sure how high up or anything. But it keeps him busy.
Did not know this. Best of luck with the added responsibilities to Arn.

Quote:
Just to let everyone know - i am a paid subscriber, and i never got a mug. But that doesn't bother me, i know i am a contributor to the greatest forum on the net.

kyle
Some of us were tongue-in-cheek about the mug. Since it was mentioned in the old contributer page. But at the same point some of wouldn't mind showing off to others as well.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 03:03 PM   #62
wrldwzrd89
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip NoVaMac
Did not know this. Best of luck with the added responsibilities to Arn.

Some of us were tongue-in-cheek about the mug. Since it was mentioned in the old contributer page. But at the same point some of wouldn't mind showing off to others as well.
I too hope Arn does well in his new job. Personally, I don't care if I get a mug or not. I'm with jackieonasses - I'm satisfied just by contributing to these forums.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 03:20 PM   #63
Chip NoVaMac
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrldwzrd89
I too hope Arn does well in his new job. Personally, I don't care if I get a mug or not. I'm with jackieonasses - I'm satisfied just by contributing to these forums.
Hey, I would pay extra to get a mug, a mouse mat, and maybe both a t-shirt and sweat-shirt.

Just let me contribute beyond my words and deeds here on MR!

Please!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 09:00 PM   #64
wdlove
macrumors 604

Doctor Q is a PhD of Computer Science. arn has kindly promoted him to full moderator status, very worthy.

I'm sure that as soon as arn makes a decision, he will let us know.
Old May 15, 2005, 06:25 PM   #65
Doctor Q
Administrator

I promised to announce here when paid memberships were again available. As you can see from today's announcement, the time has come!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Site News