Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1
eoinfen
macrumors newbie

MultiTouch Overlay

Has anyone here ever used a MultiTouch Overlay on an iMac? If so, which one did you use and how did the accuracy compare to an iPhone/iPad? I'm thinking about getting one of these:

http://www.multi-touch-screen.co/mul...-touch-screen/

What are your thoughts? is it possible to use one of these with a stylus and enable the computer to disregard the pressure from the side of your hand?
eoinfen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:50 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Do you really want to control your iMac with your hand and arm in such an uncomfortable position? Wouldn't a graphic tablet be a better tool, for your arm's sake?
Maybe have a look at this thread for ergonomic concerns.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:11 PM   #3
eoinfen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Do you really want to control your iMac with your hand and arm in such an uncomfortable position? Wouldn't a graphic tablet be a better tool, for your arm's sake?
Maybe have a look at this thread for ergonomic concerns.
Possibly. I'm considering the Wacom bamboo also, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I want to use it with Avid Sibelius software, as I think it would save me lots of time being able to use a stylus with one hand and keyboard macros with the other. I think a tablet could prove finicky, as it will take a little more time to adjust to, and I don't think I'll like having to constantly hover over the tablet with the stylus to get an indication of where the mouse is on-screen.

How about using something like an iPad to mirror (and probably zoom) the image on-screen and control the movement of the mouse. Is that possible/practical?
eoinfen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Unkei
macrumors member

[QUOTE=eoinfen;14610361]Possibly. I'm considering the Wacom bamboo also, but I'm not sure I'll like it. I want to use it with Avid Sibelius software, as I think it would save me lots of time being able to use a stylus with one hand and keyboard macros with the other.

I use a Wacom Intuous tablet for photo and graphics design use. I use Photoshop CS but am looking into buying the latest version. As for using one like a mouse for normal input, I think that would be difficult. And having owned an HP Touchsmart, I know that Touchscreens are highly over rated!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac