Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 10, 2011, 03:24 PM   #1
scmacdaddy
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to scmacdaddy
Itunes match and genius playlists

I was generally very excited to get itunes match but between songs taking awhile to load (not smooth like spotify or pandora) and album artwork nowhere in sight i'm getting more and more dissapointed. But the lack of on the go genius playlists has been the biggest downer. Anyone else missing this? Any hope of it reutrning? I used this everyday (put iphone on shuffle, find a song i like and play more like it).
scmacdaddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:52 PM   #2
RobertRCC
macrumors newbie

iTunes match missing items

Where is genius this a a huge drawback. Also why dont u have option to keep your current playlists. This is poorly executed.
RobertRCC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Vermillion9494
macrumors newbie

The only problem I've noticed with iTunes Match is the lack of Genius Playlists on iOS devices. I was really bummed when I discovered that. I live off of Genius Playlists
Vermillion9494 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:44 PM   #4
crazy150
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion9494 View Post
The only problem I've noticed with iTunes Match is the lack of Genius Playlists on iOS devices. I was really bummed when I discovered that. I live off of Genius Playlists
Yes, what happened. I'm so torn. There are a long list of benefits to this release, but not having genius coupled with the poor performance on my iphone is driving me nuts.

Over the same wifi, I can download a song from the cloud on my macbook in 2-3 seconds but on my new iPhone S it continuously stops and starts. This clearly doesn't "just work" and I'm getting increasingly frustrated.
crazy150 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:09 PM   #5
TimShady
macrumors member

So did they fix this? I just turned on iTunes Match on my phone and I can create Genius Playlists just fine.

The problem I'm having is when it creates the list, it doesn't care if the songs are stored locally or in the cloud. So whenever it gets to a song that's in the cloud you have to wait for it to start downloading before the music starts again. Very annoying and not really usable over 3G.

I came on here trying to figure out if you can make it where it only includes local songs when it creates the Genius Playlist. Anyone know?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services