Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scmacdaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2002
LA
I was generally very excited to get itunes match but between songs taking awhile to load (not smooth like spotify or pandora) and album artwork nowhere in sight i'm getting more and more dissapointed. But the lack of on the go genius playlists has been the biggest downer. Anyone else missing this? Any hope of it reutrning? I used this everyday (put iphone on shuffle, find a song i like and play more like it).

RobertRCC

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
iTunes match missing items

Where is genius this a a huge drawback. Also why dont u have option to keep your current playlists. This is poorly executed.

Vermillion9494

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
The only problem I've noticed with iTunes Match is the lack of Genius Playlists on iOS devices. I was really bummed when I discovered that. :( I live off of Genius Playlists :eek:

crazy150

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2005
The only problem I've noticed with iTunes Match is the lack of Genius Playlists on iOS devices. I was really bummed when I discovered that. :( I live off of Genius Playlists :eek:

Yes, what happened. I'm so torn. There are a long list of benefits to this release, but not having genius coupled with the poor performance on my iphone is driving me nuts.

Over the same wifi, I can download a song from the cloud on my macbook in 2-3 seconds but on my new iPhone S it continuously stops and starts. This clearly doesn't "just work" and I'm getting increasingly frustrated.

TimShady

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2011
Chicago
So did they fix this? I just turned on iTunes Match on my phone and I can create Genius Playlists just fine.

The problem I'm having is when it creates the list, it doesn't care if the songs are stored locally or in the cloud. So whenever it gets to a song that's in the cloud you have to wait for it to start downloading before the music starts again. Very annoying and not really usable over 3G.

I came on here trying to figure out if you can make it where it only includes local songs when it creates the Genius Playlist. Anyone know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.