Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Atlanta
Wirelessly posted

My iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1(jailbroken) isn't loading pictures I get sent. Both MMS and iMessage. I will get the preview in my messages threads but when I tap to view the picture, I get a black screen. No picture. Even if I slide left and right to view pictures that I've sent and received, all of them are just blank. It's like that in both the native messaging app and Bite SMS. It started about a week ago. I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I should mention too that I can save the images and when I go into Photos, they are in my camera roll and I can view them fine there.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Latest update to PhotoAlbums+ caused this. Developers are aware of this issue and a fix will be applied in the next update.

Temp fix: remove PhotoAlbums+ (or just ignore it until app is updated)

Hope this helps.

Jakerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Atlanta
Wirelessly posted

Thank you. I'm glad that's the only problem. I was worried I was going to have to restore which would make me lose my untethered jailbreak.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Latest update to PhotoAlbums+ caused this. Developers are aware of this issue and a fix will be applied in the next update.

Temp fix: remove PhotoAlbums+ (or just ignore it until app is updated)

Hope this helps.

Good god...THANK YOU!!! I've been having this issue for the last week or so (obviously since I updated PhotoAlbums+) and I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was!

Whew...and to think I almost upgraded to 5.1 because of this. Crisis averted...lol.

MiStArEdX

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
I delete PhotoAlbums+ and it still hasn't made a difference for me :confused:
Still black screen

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
I delete PhotoAlbums+ and it still hasn't made a difference for me :confused:
Still black screen

Did you respring?

Also in another thread you stated:

I change the permissions in /private/var/mobile/library/SMS but that didn't change a thing.

Did you revert the permissions back to DEFAULT?

MiStArEdX

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
I resprung and re booted....still black
Reverted permissions.....still black :(
but just to be sure.... :rolleyes:
what should the permissions be

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
I resprung and re booted....still black
Reverted permissions.....still black :(
but just to be sure.... :rolleyes:
what should the permissions be

This is what I have.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 01, 9 48 09 AM.png
    Photo Apr 01, 9 48 09 AM.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 129

MiStArEdX

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
Ok it seems that the problem is gone when I'm in safe mode...when apply the jailbreak, BLACK SCREEN

MiStArEdX

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
These are my settings ... View attachment 333626
So I resolved my issue...
I deleted the PhotoManager+ app from the springboard, but it still was installed in Cydia, that's why I was good in safe mode. :D
So I uninstalled from Cydia and ALLS GOOD !
Thanks HickDead for your quick help. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1477.PNG
    IMG_1477.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 108

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
These are my settings ... View attachment 333626
So I resolved my issue...
I deleted the PhotoManager+ app from the springboard, but it still was installed in Cydia, that's why I was good in safe mode. :D
So I uninstalled from Cydia and ALLS GOOD !
Thanks HickDead for your quick help. :cool:

You're very welcome. Glad to hear everything worked out well in the end.

MiStArEdX

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2012
Quick note....
removing PhotoAlbums+ cause my iPhone to be undectable frim any PC (WTF:mad:)
This Thread helped me to figure that out after HOURS of searching and iBootying and just booting etc,

Fracka-c

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
Quick note....
removing PhotoAlbums+ cause my iPhone to be undectable frim any PC (WTF:mad:)
This Thread helped me to figure that out after HOURS of searching and iBootying and just booting etc,

Same problem for me. To see my mms i must disable photoalbums but when its disabled i cant use usb. The only solution i have is to disable photoalbums via sbsettings/mobile susbstrate addons and enable it when i need ro use usb.
I've mailed the developper but no response yet. Try to contact him because i'm french perhaps he did not understand my english explication on this problem.
I' ve paid this t weak and it doesnt work. I think i will take it free in a previous version on an alternative repo

Kye87

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
!!! I had the same persisting problem and solved it by going to: var/ mobile/ library/ sms/ and changing permissions on the PARTS folder, make sure that USER, GROUP & WORLD all have read, write & execute permissions, my GROUP & WORLD options did not have write enabled which prevented data being written to that folder. And also make sure that both OWNERSHIP options are set to mobile. This is the absolute fix.

baespey

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
Still going on

I still have this issue and I don't have PhotoAlbums+ at all. It's because I restored my phone as a new iPhone, but kept the SMS folder and dropped it back in (so I could keep everything). I notice that they save fine with iMessage, but not with other people. I have full permissions on each folder. Any more solutions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.