Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:40 PM   #1
patseguin
macrumors 65816

Stop after each track in a playlist

I'm going to try and use my iPod for my backing tracks for my musical show but the problem is that my show is in a Playlist and when I finish a song, it goes right to playing the next one. Isn't there a setting to make the iPod stop after each song?
iPad Air 128GB space grey iOS 8
patseguin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2
aarond12
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
I'm going to try and use my iPod for my backing tracks for my musical show but the problem is that my show is in a Playlist and when I finish a song, it goes right to playing the next one. Isn't there a setting to make the iPod stop after each song?
Not an easy one. What you could do is to create a 15-minute-long silent track and put that between tracks. The iPod would continue to the next track (as before), but would be silent. Pressing the Next Track button would go to the next track and immediately start playing.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:40 AM   #3
chiefillini
macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I need to do the same for my wife's music concert. Is there any specific directions to make the silent track. I am guessing I would use garage band to do it. Thanks.
chiefillini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4
HollywoodDave
macrumors newbie

I use my iPhone to play sound fx during gigs with my acoustic band... I just made each sound (for u backing track) it's own album. If an album only has 1 track it just stops when it's done. Make the albums the same name but add a 1...2..3....4...5... Etc after the name so u can switch quickly between them on stage. Hopes this helps.. Rock on!
HollywoodDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod