Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Wait...over 50% of all US homes have at least one Apple product. Am I the only one who thinks that is totally amazing!!!

Granted, something like owning one Nano puts you in the 50%, but still...that's some market penetration! (Yes, I said penetration...leave it alone!)

I'm one of the 26% in the old fart group. And in less than two years, I have managed to acquire 4 devices.It is seductive...and fun!:D

antseg

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
New Jersey
I remembered when all my electronics has to be by Sony - walkman, tv, dvd, and pc. Now, nearly everything has to be Apple.

This happened to me. My dad swore by Sony a few years ago and even pushed for me to intern at Sony Electronics so he could get a discount on their products. These days my family has shifted toward Apple products.

Even got my mom to drop the Blackberry for an iPhone. That's when the transition was complete.

Somewhat surprised that the numbers are so high considering the price of Apple products. But, then again, we are a credit nation so...

LaNina

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2012
2 iPhone 4s (me and my mom)
1 iPhone 4 (sister)
2 ATV 2 (me and my dad)
1 iPad 1 (my dad)
1 iPad 3 (me)
2 MBP (me and my sister)
1 Airport extreme
1 iPod Touch (sister)
2 iPod 5th gen (dad, one for the car and one for a stereo system)
1 3rd gen nano (mom)

...so yea

fanboy05

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
in total we have purchased
4 iphone 3g/ 3gs
2 iphone 4's
2 iphone 4s's
5 ipads ( 2 original, 2 ipad2 and 1 new iPad)
one nano,
2 ipod touches
2 apple tv's
macbook
and a macbook pro
:eek:
I have 6 sons under 18 so between my wife and I and the kids, they are used a lot!
It all started with getting the iPhone 3g when we got cell phones years ago, Had we known how much we would spend on apple products we would have bought stocks in it!.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Wow this made me stop and count gadgets and I currently have 13 Apple devices here at home and no I did not count keyboards and mice :D
And I'm actually will be adding a new gen Apple TV this weekend too.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
there are 7 apple s devices in my home..lol:D:D:D

Yep, I count 7 too..
2 iPads
2 iPhones
1 iMac
1 MBP
1 Apple TV

Nobody else is more than 3 (LG washer, dryer, refrigerator). 1 Sony TV, 1 Samsung TV, 1 Panasonic TV, 2 Xboxes, 1 Maytag stove, 1 GE microwave, 1 whirlpool dishwasher, and 1 customized Asus PC. Oh, and an HP printer. And a Linksys router and a Belkin range extender.

Christ, I could open a Radio Shack.

----------

About 34 in my house ..... :D

I think we're just counting currently active, not dead-n-gone :-D

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
There are 9 Apple products in my home, and about to be 10 whenever I purchase the new Apple TV.

yakapo

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Just 3 in my household. Wifey and I like android phones although we wouldn't give up the ipad 2 for any android tablet. (strange I know)

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I started on the iPod mini back in 2003, then got a Macbook in 2006, never gone back since.
Along with peer recomendation is a big thing. I was at school when I got my mac. None of my friends, or infact anyone in my year either had or had used a mac. I suppose the fact that people had seen and could use them since stores etc opening, they got the experience as well as just advertising.

Edit: Oh and there are 6 in my home. Including parents things.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
That's pretty legit.

However I suspect some discrepancies since I count at least 33 devices (computers, iOS devices, iPods) currently in use in my "household."

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
I think our family of three has 12 Apple products that are in regular use. I didn't count things like retired iPods or mice, keyboards, trackpads, etc.

I guess you could say we're fans. lol

My daughter could use an iPod touch before she was potty trained, could tie her own shoes, could eat with a fork, etc...

I can say with 100% certainty that satisfaction with one product led to the next, and to the next, so on.

Last edited:

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Kinda surprising. I would've thought that with the iPod's domination of the MP3 player market, the number would be quite higher.

You'd be surprised how many people don't have mp3 players, and how many are still using old Zunes and the like.

NeroAZ

Suspended
Jun 23, 2009
Phoenx, AZ
I don't know if i can even remember them all..

2 iPad wifi/LTE (Gen 3)
1 iPhone 4
1 iPod Touch (Gen 2)
1 iPod Shuffle (current Gen)
1 iPod (Gen 2? 10GB touchwheel)
1 Mac Mini (2007)
2 Apple TV (2010?)
1 iSight Camera (firewire!)
1 Magic Mouse
1 Magic Trackpad
1 Apple Wireless Keyboard
1 G4 DP 533 tower

Various wired keyboards and mice

thats not including devices I've bought and later sold/upgraded..

a couple of iMac's that eventually died, sold 2 iPad 2's a couple of iPod touch's, iPhone 3G iPod shuffles, etc...

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Agreed. Poll of 836 Americans? Give me a break.
Also note that in my experience, a surprising number of people think that "iPod" and "Mac" are company names, and may not immediately associate Apple with these products for some reason.

That sample size is pretty typical for these sorts of polls.

marikorr

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Apple Road is a one way street!

Great products, strong support to learn how to use the products, and accessability to the products and support!

I can't wait for the iPhone 5 and the new MacBook Air to come out!

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
You'd be surprised how many people don't have mp3 players, and how many are still using old Zunes and the like.

old Zunes ? There's nothing old about Zunes and those are MP3 players. ;)

But yes, a lot of people must not have MP3 players at all for this to even jive. Apple owns like around 75% of the MP3 player market.

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
old Zunes ? There's nothing old about Zunes and those are MP3 players. ;)

But yes, a lot of people must not have MP3 players at all for this to even jive. Apple owns like around 75% of the MP3 player market.

Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired, since I said *or* Zunes, and I was implying actual old mp3 players, not a year or two.

Kid A

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
I wonder how many people answered "no", but didn't realize that their kid's iPod is an Apple product . . . :confused:

I wonder how many people answered "yes" thinking their kid's mp3 player is an "I-Pod", when it actually isn't. :confused:

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
In my house:

Macbook Pro (2011) w/ dedicated apple keyboard
Macbook (2008)
Macbook (2010)
Airport Extreme
iMac (2007)
Mac Pro (2006)
iPod Nano 2G

Apart from Apple:

Sony Vaio VGC-RB30 (desktop)
Toshiba A100 (laptop)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.