Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:09 AM   #1
jr.macintosh
macrumors member

Best iPod

What is for you the best iPod ever made.

Discuss!
jr.macintosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 601

While I love the brilliance of the iTouch, and understand the enduring attraction of the nano, my personal favourite remains the classic.

I like the simple, no-frills approach that allows you to carry all of your iTunes music library in one place, the elegance of the design (who didn't whisper in awe when unwrapping their first iPod classic?), and the wonderful battery life.
Scepticalscribe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:25 AM   #3
jr.macintosh
macrumors member

That's true, my personal favorite is the 3rd gen iPod classic with the scrolwheel and the luminous orange touch buttons.
(I'm still searching for one, so if you have one and want to sell it contact me)
And it would be cool if they made the iPod touch with the same hdd as the iPod classic.
jr.macintosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:10 PM   #4
TheSuperSteve
macrumors 6502

So far, my favorite iPod is the 4th generation iPod shuffle. Its cheap, simple to use, no thinking required, Just turn it on and go. I wish it had a larger hard-drive, but the 2gb is enough for me.

I also got a 6th gen Nano and two iPod touches (2G, 4G). The iPod touches are my least favorite even though they're what got me into the Apple ecosystem world thing. They're just complicated. You have to mess with home screens and organizing everything and what apps they should have and updating them and you have to buy cases for them and yadda yadda yadda... As you can tell, I'm way too organized and my iPod touch drives me crazy sometimes.

The 6th gen nano is okay. I love the built in Nike+, great for running. I bought it to use it as a watch and it was a terrible experience. I ended up just throwing the watch band in a box somewhere and forgetting I even bought it.

I'm looking into buying an iPod classic though. Something about it tells me that it would be my favorite iPod if I had one. I prefer simplicity and the iPod classic has that and tons of capacity to store all my media.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:29 PM   #5
robertc99
macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted

iPod nano 3rd generation red for me
robertc99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:01 AM   #6
Rawkfist
macrumors member

I very much enjoy my 5th and 5.5 generation Classics. They sound superior to the later models, to my ears at least. Both are still flawless in function. I am also quite fond of my 2nd gen. Nano. It may be bullet-proof.
Rawkfist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:15 AM   #7
glittersparkles
macrumors member

In my opinion the best iPods are the Classics, hands down. beautiful to look at and use.. and just such a simple, yet complex piece of technology. I have a silver one, which i got for my 16th, but i honestly miss the 'mac white' ones..

I'm not a fan of the touches, although it obviously has a use and a market.
I like the shuffles, due to convenience, and how easy they are for anyone of any age to use.

I still have an iPod mini in pink - bought recently from ebay. i like the form factor, the fatness, and the feel of tech in my hand. and obviously the bright colours; they were the iPod i was desperate for growing up (i was 12 then).

When i was 13, i got my first ever nano. 1st gen, 2gb black. which i think is the classiest and smartest nano. not necessarily as 'good' in terms of features or memory, but i'll always have a soft spot for it. the touch thing that apple gave me in replacement program will never match up.. oh yeah, i think why i like the 1st gen nano so much is because it was basically a little 5/5.5G Classic.
glittersparkles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:46 PM   #8
dXTC
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
I am also quite fond of my 2nd gen. Nano. It may be bullet-proof.
My first piece of modern-era Apple hardware (i.e. made after Jobs' return) was a blue 2nd gen nano, which worked like a charm and had that gorgeous matte aluminum finish.

My fave, however, is in my sig: 5th gen nano, easily the most feature-rich of the nano line to date, and still lookin' smart. I was slightly disappointed with the "polished" look versus the 4th gen nano, but the 5th's added functionality was simply too good to pass up. So good, in fact, that when my 2nd gen nano was stolen, I replaced it with a second 5th gen.

I've never had a classic, but it'll probably be my next iPod purchase, as I'm a big music fan. I don't need a slew of apps and games, and I find the new nanos a major step backward.
dXTC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:07 PM   #9
SkyBell
macrumors 603

iPod mini. Close the thread.

Haven't had an iPod I've loved like that one, it's the perfect size, thickness and weight, came in cool colors and greatly increased the iPod's market share. One of the last great ideas Apple has had IMO.
Black MacBook C2D 2.2 GHz - 10.6.8 / Windows 7
SkyBell is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:34 AM   #10
macfrik
macrumors 6502

Im not an absolute U2 fan, but the U2 Limited Edition iPod is my all time favourite, with striking black metal chrome making it the only iPod with dark back. Very nice.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:45 AM   #11
Eves apple
macrumors member

I love the iPod touch, it's brilliant, I really didn't see the point of it until I got one for Christmas one year, it's so much more than an iPod with a touch interface, utterly sublime device.
But I love my old classic iPod, the video I think, it's the 60gb version and it still works brilliantly, usable without needing to see it too with physical buttons, so perfect for night time listening.
I'd love a more upto date version, wonder if there ar plans for an update soon
Eves apple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:58 PM   #12
Dagless
macrumors Core

I still use my iPod 5.5G daily. It's now my video device, every night I watch an episode of something on it (usually a cartoon, since they look good on the small display and look good at low bitrates) usually to send me off to sleep. Love it! The moment it dies I'll pick up a Classic to replace it.

That's my fave. Had it for 5 years come July and it still works perfectly.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:26 AM   #13
Julien
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.macintosh View Post
What is for you the best iPod ever made.

Discuss!
Steve Jobs said it was the original iPhone.
Julien is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Silverbird0000
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Silverbird0000
I think the best one was the third generation classic. I loved that the buttons were backlit, the only iPod to do so, and it had all touch buttons, no moving or clicking. I think every iPod classic since has been a step backward as far as button interaction goes.
Silverbird0000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:00 AM   #15
JMG
macrumors 6502a

I still use my Classic, but my favorite was the 5G. It scrolled much smoother through my collection. However, my iPhone is still my player of choice as it is always with me and finding and playing music is just easier with a touch screen. My IPod touch is for the kid to play games and watch kiddie videos. It would be my favorite if it or the iPhone old hold all of my media.

Mac Pro Mac Mini
Macbook Pro Ipad 3 64gb iPhone 4S 64gb
iTouch 8gb iPod Classic 160gb Nano 8gb Shuffle 4gb Shuffle 2gb Apple TV
JMG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod