Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhoto_08-165.png

Apple has released an update to iPhoto, the photo-management and editing app that comes on every Mac. iPhoto 9.2.3 is a minor update that weighs in at 354.55MB.
About iPhoto 9.2.3

-Improves overall stability

-Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on systems with multiple user accounts
It can be downloaded from Apple's software downloads page, or via Software Update.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhoto 9.2.3

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I hope it's as fast as the previous version of iLife... :rolleyes:

garylapointe

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2006
Dearborn (Detroit), MI, USA
Huge!

That's HUGE! 354MB!

It's not like it comes preloaded with photos (or features)....

Gary

UPDATE: Well, using software update it's only 256MB. But I see a full download from the Mac Apps store is 725MB which is bigger than iMovie (and also bigger than Pages/Numbers/Keynote combined).

cms2

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Texas
I would really just like for Apple to add some way to import photos from a camera while iPhoto is in full screen mode. As it is, there's no way to access a camera while in full screen. If you plug one in, iPhoto automatically leaves full screen. Just seems kind of junky and haphazard. I'm installing the update now, maybe this was addressed?

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
I have 9.2.2 and this update doesn't even show up for me...

EDIT: Well, just seconds after posting this it showed up. Only 13MB for me too.

santydolby

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
collage

I wonder as to when iPhoto will come with an inbuilt collage creation feature. One would think of it as a basic feature, and yet for its photographic significance, it's missed sorely.

I hate to be forced to use Picasa *only* to be able to create collages.

Any simpler suggestions/plugins/rants/words of education?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
This was much appreciated! I have not been able to launch iPhoto for several days. I had tried just about everything I could think of, and failed. This update fixed iPhoto for me immediately. I do not have multiple users on this computer, and the same library worked on my other computer (and a new test library did not work on this one). I don't know exactly what they fixed, but it worked for me!

jW

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted

Yes I'm afraid to tell you but everyone does have a fast and cool Internet Connection

So many in fact that it is no longer considered fast or cool

But there is still what could be considered slow and uncool

Mcadol

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2012
Another size

This is my first post in MacRumors. Tomorrow I will search around if I can find a presentation Thread.

What I would like to say is that after reading here the notice of the update it is now downloading to my machine 256,9 MB and i had the last version before this update :cool:

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
This is my first post in MacRumors. Tomorrow I will search around if I can find a presentation Thread.

What I would like to say is that after reading here the notice of the update it is now downloading to my machine 256,9 MB and i had the last version before this update :cool:

Same here.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Minor update that weighs in at 354.55MB.

Minor.:confused:

Thats not a wee patch:mad:, come on not everyone has got FAST or COOL internet connection

Exactly, I am over My Monthly 2.5 GB Limit (cheap) here in Indonesia and drops back to 64Kb, almost unusable.

That's HUGE! 354MB!

It's not like it comes preloaded with photos (or features)....

Gary

UPDATE: Well, using software update it's only 256MB. But I see a full download from the Mac Apps store is 725MB which is bigger than iMovie (and also bigger than Pages/Numbers/Keynote combined).

Mac App Store update was only 13mb for me

It seems to Me it makes decisions on what to download on what is inside iPhoto App and other related installs.
Like whether or not you removed "all" localized Language (.lproj) packs, help files and what your machine acrhitecture is, 32/64 bit or even PPC.
It makes a hell lot of difference if you remove all the non used architecture code from your mac if it is installed.
I have a PPC machine and got rid of 3-4 GB of non used Architecture(3th Party Apps included).

"All" is all except the language you are using.

hetrigger

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
Texas
I just found out about it! I closed out my screens and there was the update! color me surprised.:) I haven't checked it out yet. Going there now!

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Minor.:confused:

Exactly, I am over My Monthly 2.5 GB Limit (cheap) here in Indonesia and drops back to 64Kb, almost unusable.

It seems to Me it makes decisions on what to download on what is inside iPhoto App and other related installs.
Like whether or not you removed "all" localized Language (.lproj) packs, help files and what your machine acrhitecture is, 32/64 bit or even PPC.
It makes a hell lot of difference if you remove all the non used architecture code from your mac if it is installed.
I have a PPC machine and got rid of 3-4 GB of non used Architecture(3th Party Apps included).

"All" is all except the language you are using.

13mb here, from the App Store ( running Lion, which I've never had a problem with)...I've not removed any packs, help files and not sure why you think 32/64bit affects this particular file size.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK

As mentioned above, I think it's an App Store/Lion thing for me. Both my 10.7.3 and my 10.7.4 boxes had the same size update - the 10.7.3 has been tidied up with Monolingual, but I've not bothered on my test 10.7.4 box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.