Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Is anyone else having this problem?

Randomly, the mini-player will stop working properly. the play, next/previous song buttons, and the volume do not respond to the mouse. The red, yellow and green buttons don't work either. Whats strange is that when I maximize iTunes, then everything works fine.

Oh and another weird thing: you know how you can click on the title of the song playing, and it shows the album and the artist? That part of the mini player responds to the mouse. That and the "remaining time/total time/elapsed time" thing. But nothing else.

Is there a fix to this? It's very irritating, as I like to keep iTunes in the mini player for the most part to keep my desktop uncluttered, and this bug renders the mini player totally useless.

Second Question:

Now iTunes is totally frozen, and I can't even force quit it. Thus, i can't restart my computer. i have an instinctual aversion to just hitting the power button, i'd rather just find a way to close iTunes. is there any way other than Force Quit?

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Do you or have you ever used (since the last time you reset the PRAM) the Exposé hack to put all the windows into one mini-window when you hit Show Desktop? Because that has the known bug of rendering all Aqua widgets (like you describle, plus buttons and scroll bars; nothing to do with Dashboard) completely unresponsive to clicks in areas where that mini window thing has been. Resetting the PRAM (after removing the hack, of course) should fix it.

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
solved

i had that hack, now that i've deleted it everything's fine.

thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.