|Mar 29, 2012, 11:51 PM||#1|
Help with setting up old iPad for my kid
Apologize if this has been discussed. I have an old iPad 1 with just Wifi, and I have just picked up the iPad 3 with Verizon. I currently have all of my apps on my ipad, and also a bunch of "kiddie" apps for my daughter. How can I reset my old ipad and set it up for my daughter?
|Mar 29, 2012, 11:57 PM||#2|
I think the fastest method to set it up for a new user would be to just restore factory settings under the device on iTunes, and then just re-add the "kiddie" apps you want your daughter to have. This way it erases all previous bookmarks and any unneeded data/apps quickly.
Maybe someone else has a better method, but I think this would suffice.
15" 2014 rMBP 16GB/2.2GHz/256GB // Gold 64GB iPhone 6 VZW // White 32 GB iPad 3 Wi-Fi // ATV 3
|Mar 30, 2012, 12:04 AM||#3|
|Mar 30, 2012, 12:25 AM||#4|
I take it you want to keep the apps. Here's what to do:
1) Back-up the iPad 1 on iTunes (right click on iPad in the device menu and choose "Back-Up").
2) After it is finished, click "Restore" (which is located on the iPad 1 general info page in iTunes).
3) Once it restores the iPad, it will ask you whether you want to A) restore the iPad from a previous backup, or B) Set up as new iPad. Choose B.
4) You should now be looking at the iOS 5 set up screen-- go through it as normal.
5) Once you are taken back to the homescreen of your iPad, go into iTunes, and under applications choose the apps you want to sync. Do the same with movies, music, etc.
6) Hit apply, and it should sync (might take a while depending on amount of content).
7) Go into "Settings" on the iPad, "General", and change the name to whatever your daughter's name is, so it is easier to manage on iTunes. (This is optional, but probably a good idea).
8) You should be good to go. Eject the iPad and your done
|Mar 30, 2012, 02:16 AM||#5|
All good suggestions stated above. Another sugestion I would do is make sure your iTunes account is not logged in with your credit card. I used to work at best buy up until Jan of this year and can't tell you how many sorties I heard about kids running up bills on iTunes and the App Sore. What I would say is buy a $15 and set up an account for her that she can use so that when the $15 is up she can't spend any more money unless you buy another iTunes card she buys another iTunes card or is given an iTunes card. Hope you get this all worked out and have fun with your "The New IPad" lol......
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|All iPads: Is There Like a Kid Setting I Can Turn On Before Handing My Son MY iPad?||HappyDude20||iPad||24||Dec 16, 2013 07:19 PM|
|Help setting up iMessage for kid||rsted222||iPod touch||2||Aug 24, 2013 01:45 PM|
|All iPads: Kid tough ipad 4 case||jayjysmth||iPad Accessories||4||Jun 10, 2013 07:59 PM|
|iPad Mini: Got my kid an iPad Mini 32GB :-)||chestvrg||iPad||82||Feb 12, 2013 03:07 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.