Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I ordered from iCarbons. Should have in the mail tomorrow. Should be good.

kbstl

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Thanks guys for such great pics. You motivated me to bite the bullet and get one of these for my kid's iPad 2. He's using a smart cover and I think this will provide good enough coverage for scratch protection. I decided to join the forum and post some photos too.:) Used the bestskins code. Now I want one for my iPad as well, I should have got it at the same time to avoid double shipping.

Hi is this the same color as the original posters? If not what color is this?

Karmak

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
Today I installed an icarbon only on the back. I wanted to leave the front white. Super easy install and looks sharp. I don't use a smart cover.

73ogOl.jpg

Last edited:

davereynolds

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Hi is this the same color as the original posters? If not what color is this?

No, it's a different color. The name is Rustic Gold Scratch. I inquired to sticker boy and they were able to send me one of their new ones. They have about 4 new colors that they haven't released yet.

abir

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Wirelessly posted

My sticker boy order should be arriving today. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a snap-on back case over the skin? I'm thinking there may be some times when I want a little extra protection.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Received mine today.

The metal extreme fit for the new iPad was a total pain in the rear end to put on. I'm pretty sure I would not order one of these again. The quality is great but I have blisters on my thumb from trying to get the corners down and they're still not perfect by any means. I also tend to hold the iPad with my inner hands cupping the bottom corners and I find there's some slight discomfort now because of the overlapping edges.

I also got a metal back for the iPhone 4S which looks fantastic and was very easy to put on. I would recommend this piece to anyone that is looking for a cheap design to change the back of their phone.

The front that I got however which was all black to match the Glass that is already on the iPhone (and to cover up the scratch that I have) was incredibly flimsy and I could not get it to go on right. no matter how often I took it off and reapplied it I could not get rid of noticeable air bubbles. The front must be made of the different material from the backs because there were air bubbles all over the place. The small strips on the side just wouldn't go on straight no matter how hard I tried so I eventually just gave up and accepted my loss.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
Here it is. I dont know if I would want to install one of these again. It was a pain to get the edges down and even still they are not perfect. But I like it and the Smart Cover stays on better than the iCarbon brushed aluminum skin I had.

NICE!! What color is that?

davereynolds

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
I also got a metal back for the iPhone 4S which looks fantastic and was very easy to put on. I would recommend this piece to anyone that is looking for a cheap design to change the back of their phone.

The front that I got however which was all black to match the Glass that is already on the iPhone (and to cover up the scratch that I have) was incredibly flimsy and I could not get it to go on right. no matter how often I took it off and reapplied it I could not get rid of noticeable air bubbles. The front must be made of the different material from the backs because there were air bubbles all over the place. The small strips on the side just wouldn't go on straight no matter how hard I tried so I eventually just gave up and accepted my loss.

Hmmm... mine went on effortlessly the first try and the front was DEFINITELY the same material as the back. Where were you experiencing air bubbles? The skin has such a small amount of surface area I can't understand where you'd get them. Here's a pic of the front side of the one I posted yesterday. In the pic the home button looks off but it's just the angle I took the picture from.

rg2a.jpg

Last edited:

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
NICE!! What color is that?

Antibacterial/Powder Coated/Matte Series - iPad 3 - EXTREME FIT - Pastel Grey
Apple Insert - black leather

I have decided I do not like the extreme fit now. After redoing the corners I found they do not like sticking anymore. They stayed for maybe 1 day but now 3 corners have popped up. I have decided I wanted a more decorative design.

I have coming
Leather Series - Anthracite Silver Leather / Type 2 for 4G (GSM) models
Apple Insert - black leather

3 time better be the last.

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
Sorry for the silly question, but are you easily able to remove these skins if you see the iPad in the future, etc?
Does it leave residue, etc if removed?

davereynolds

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
In my opinion the red carbon logo is a poor choice to match with black cf. Look closely at the carbon textures in the photo... they don't line up. For me, that is the first thing my eyes see when I look at it. You should remove the logo and use one of those silver metal one's from sticker boy.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Hmmm... mine went on effortlessly the first try and the front was DEFINITELY the same material as the back. Where were you experiencing air bubbles? The skin has such a small amount of surface area I can't understand where you'd get them. Here's a pic of the front side of the one I posted yesterday. In the pic the home button looks off but it's just the angle I took the picture from.

I believe the material some of the skins like metal and wood are made out of are far more durable. The flat black one I had was basically just as flimsy as ThA screen protector. It didn't have the same feel as the other two pieces I installed. The flat one didn't appear to have the same type of material to move air bubbles.

They were everywhere on the top and the bottom. I did the the hair dryer method as shown in their videos, including the part at the end where they show how to remove very small wrinkles.

abir

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Wirelessly posted

abir said:
Wirelessly posted

My sticker boy order should be arriving today. Does anyone know if I'll be able to use a snap-on back case over the skin? I'm thinking there may be some times when I want a little extra protection.

I installed the skin from sticker boy on my iPad 2 this morning. It's Anthracite Silver Leather with Black Leather apple logo.

sekazi: it looks like we think the same!

ipad3.jpg

ipad2.jpg

ipad1.jpg

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I installed the skin from sticker boy on my iPad 2 this morning. It's Anthracite Silver Leather with Black Leather apple logo.

sekazi: it looks like we think the same!

That looks even better than the pictures on their website. I cannot wait for mine now.

Sequeira

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2012
It looks like everyone's going with the back protection only, anyone get full body skin from sticker boy? I assume it still works fine with a smart cover?

Last edited:

Apple freakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
YES!!!! I got it

Man, I was so excited to get my Skins from The Sticker Boy. Pretty Fast Service. I ordered several colors for my entire family.

I was able to put the type 1 wifi version my sister's iPad 3. Hers was the test dummy.

It's the Charcoal Gold Scratch, Wow I can't believe the effect of the Skin. When looking directly at it, you see fine gold swirls. And when looking at angles, those gold swirls changes into light grey swirls and scratches. Reminds me of a hologram effect. And I choose the gold brushed apple insert.

And the laser cut is so accurate.

----------

Hey, Anyone how do you add photos? I only see links for urls?

Last edited:

Apple freakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
How come I can not load?

I found the attachment/paper clip next to the smiley face and see 4 uploads.
My pictures are less than 2.8 jpegs but not loading.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Man, I was so excited to get my Skins from The Sticker Boy. Pretty Fast Service. I ordered several colors for my entire family.

I was able to put the type 1 wifi version my sister's iPad 3. Hers was the test dummy.

It's the Charcoal Gold Scratch, Wow I can't believe the effect of the Skin. When looking directly at it, you see fine gold swirls. And when looking at angles, those gold swirls changes into light grey swirls and scratches. Reminds me of a hologram effect. And I choose the gold brushed apple insert.

And the laser cut is so accurate.

----------

Hey, Anyone how do you add photos? I only see links for urls?

zu28b.jpg

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Does that mean I need a flicker for photo hosting site?

No. Use this site. Once you have uploaded your photos copy the the URL address and paste it into the bar using the button I shown you.

You copy the URL like in this picture then paste it into the box that comes up when you hit that little picture icon here on Macrumors.

i1Vfk.jpg

Here's the site.

http://imgur.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.