Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

Santorum swears at reporter...for quoting him

As long as we're piling on Santorum...

Sunday:

Quote:
Franksville, Wisconsin (CNN) – Rick Santorum on Sunday said Mitt Romney’s ties to universal health care would make him the “worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama” in the general election....

As he campaigned in Wisconsin over the weekend, the former Pennsylvania senator continued to cast aspersions on Romney’s ability to defeat an incumbent president if he were to become the Republican nominee.

According to Santorum, the biggest risk with Romney is the Massachusetts health care reform law, implemented when he was governor and which became the “blueprint” for the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare - the mandate that every American buy health insurance....

Later, at a rally held at South Hills Country Club south of Milwaukee, Santorum assailed his Republican opponent, even though he endorsed Romney during the latter’s presidential run in 2008.

"Why would we put someone up who is uniquely - pick any other Republican in the country – he is the worst Republican in the country to put up against Barack Obama. Why would Wisconsin want to vote for someone like that?"
Later the same day:

Quote:
(CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum on Monday defended his profane comment directed at a New York Times reporter...

"I criticized Romney and Obama for their outrageous healthcare legislation. Predictably, I was aggressively attacked by a New York Times reporter all too ready to defend the two of them, and all too ready to distort my words," Santorum wrote in the email. "Let me assure you, I didn't back down, and I didn't let him bully me."

Santorum accused the Times' Jeff Zeleny of distorting his words following a question from the reporter Sunday night.

Zeleny asked Santorum if he thinks Mitt Romney is the "worst Republican in the country to run against Obama," something he said while campaigning in Wisconsin.

In response, Santorum said "I didn't say that. You guys are distorting what I'm saying … Quit distorting my words. It's bulls***."
Wait! Don't let your mind boggle yet. The story's not finished:

Quote:
(CNN) – Sarah Palin heaped praise on Rick Santorum after the Republican presidential candidate accused a reporter of "bulls-" questioning over the weekend.

The former 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said the exchange showed strength.

"It was good and it was strong and it was about time because he's saying enough is enough of the liberal media twisting conservative's words," Palin said on Fox News late Monday night. "I was like welcome to my world Rick. And good on ya, don't retreat."...

"I was glad that he called out this reporter," Palin said. "He and the other candidates, all of them, they need to do more of this because believe me the American people are tired of what the leftist media continues to do to conservatives."
My emphasis.

So we've got Santorum making a statement, then completely denying that he ever made the statement, and then Sarah Palin's defense of Santorum's lie.

Add this to the pink bowling ball and the N-word.

What a douche.
Thomas Veil is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:48 PM   #2
localoid
macrumors 68020

From what I understand: Santorum doesn't have any speech writers. He himself doesn't even write out his speeches or make rough outlines. He just takes a deep breath and begins talking, speaking directly from his "heart".

The guy probably has no clue what-so-ever as to what the heck he just said within a few seconds after his finishes a speech.

All that's fine and dandy, but then the guy gets pissed off when someone questions what he said? Really?

Obviously, this Santorum guy is a dick. But there's a lot of that going around lately...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Santorum knows that he has lost?

This looks like Santorum finally admitting that Romney is going to get enough delegates to control the convention. So, he is letting his hair down a little. Funny that Palin appreciates it. Maybe she is hinting to Santorum that his next job should be a "pundit". (Is that her job description?) A perfect pair of pundits, Palin and Santorum.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:53 PM   #4
Sydde
macrumors 68000

"I was like ..."

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues