Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:11 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Ashton Kutcher Believes Steve Jobs Role Meant for Him

The Daily spoke with Five Star Institute's Mark Hulme who is producing the upcoming Steve Jobs film that is starring Ashton Kutcher. Hulme reports that Kutcher is "pouring himself" into the role and "believes the role was meant for him".
Quote:
"He is already meeting with folks that knew Steve Jobs. He's working with professionals to get inside the voice. He's letting his hair grow out. I understand he's canceled all meetings and actually canceled all other projects,"
The news of Kutcher in the role of Steve Jobs was met with mixed reactions, but Hulme is confident in Kutcher's abilities as well as his personal interest in the role.

Steve Jobs (left) and Ashton Kutcher (right)
This film about Steve Jobs was reportedly in the works prior to Steve Jobs' death and before Walter Isaacson's Jobs biography was published. Sony purchased the rights to Isaacson's biography and is working on their own film about Steve Jobs.

Kutcher's film is set to start filming next month for release by Thanksgiving of this year. The focus will be on Steve Jobs' earlier life.
Quote:
"We decided between 1971, the initial partnership of Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs, is where we would start and then the bulk of the script remains in the early years of Apple and the recruiting of [former Apple CEO] John Sculley from Pepsi and then of course Jobs' ousting and a smaller portion is his triumph and his return," Hulme said.
Jobs' earlier life and early days at Apple have been previously covered in other films such as Pirates of Silicon Valley.

Meanwhile, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak appears to be happy with the decision to cast Kutcher:
Quote:
The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he's 'hot' right now. But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I'm glad that he's onboard. I think he'll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject.
Article Link: Ashton Kutcher Believes Steve Jobs Role Meant for Him
MacRumors is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Schizoid
macrumors 6502a

Twins!
Schizoid is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:17 AM   #3
Satori
macrumors 6502a

It will work for the 70s and 80s Steve. Not sure sure about the 90s and beyond.
Satori is offline   23 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:19 AM   #4
laserbeam273
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
It will work for the 70s and 80s Steve. Not sure sure about the 90s and beyond.
Yeah they'll have to do some serious ageing tricks.. will be interesting to see. Can't say whether I think Kutcher will do a good job or not. I'm confident that he can do more than just That 70's Show style humour, but acting as Steve Jobs... ? That's a challenge.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:26 AM   #5
bghx
macrumors newbie

A bigger challenge beckons: finding someone to play Wozniak. His looks are one-of-a-kind, as is his genius
bghx is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:26 AM   #6
SimonTheSoundMa
macrumors 6502a

A scary look alike.

I still have no idea what programmes Ashton has been on. The only thing I know him for is the race to 1 million followers on Twitter.

Michael Moore to play Woz. Nahh, just kidding.
SimonTheSoundMa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:28 AM   #7
miniConvert
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to miniConvert Send a message via MSN to miniConvert
So long as he's not in the film based on the Walter Isaacson biography then that's just fine with me.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:31 AM   #8
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghx View Post
A bigger challenge beckons: finding someone to play Wozniak. His looks are one-of-a-kind, as is his genius
Damn, you're right! I googled wozniak lookalike and the only thing I could find was this
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:32 AM   #9
ProVideo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
"believes the role was meant for him".
Same humble Ashton as always.
ProVideo is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:36 AM   #10
iSayuSay
macrumors 68030

Well .. obviously twins from different mom .. and dad

But Ashton need to be thinned out a bit for the role, maybe 2 3 months diet would help. Ashton's jaw .. is just a bit too big. Maybe Steve's eyes is a bit bigger, but a good makeup artist can handle it. Other than that, they're perfectly twin.
iSayuSay is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:43 AM   #11
kevinkt
macrumors 6502

Sigh!!!!......I guess sooo
kevinkt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:45 AM   #12
Savor
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProVideo View Post
Same humble Ashton as always.
Yeah, and Steve Jobs was just as "humble." All I can think of was how people underestimated Heath Ledger for the role as The Joker. Turned out quite a surprise. I think Ashton "might" pull it off too but nothing to bet the entire mortgage on.
Savor is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:46 AM   #13
jonathanober
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Steve Wozniak is Mark Addy plain and simple - http://www.google.com/search?client=...OaHz0gG9i42ZDA

Plus we know he has acting chops since he did a great Robert Baratheon in Game of Thrones.
jonathanober is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:47 AM   #14
apolloa
macrumors 601

It will still be crap as it's a film and as such will be fake and false, it will never match the SENNA film because of this no matter what Hollywood tries to do with it!
If they want to tell Steve's story then they should make it the way as SENNA was with videos and interviews of the man and his friends and his businesses! Not some fake glorified 'story'.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:50 AM   #15
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
It will still be crap as it's a film and as such will be fake and false, it will never match the SENNA film because of this no matter what Hollywood tries to do with it!
If they want to tell Steve's story then they should make it the way as SENNA was with videos and interviews of the man and his friends and his businesses! Not some fake glorified 'story'.
Whereas there was more footage of Senna due to his career, Jobs was more of a private guy then Senna in terms of his job, so that technique may not have the same effect as it did with SENNA
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:52 AM   #16
Otaviano
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
That would be a documentary not a movie.
Otaviano is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:52 AM   #17
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

In addition to this movie, I want to see the movie of "Pirates of Silicon Valley 2 The Wrath of Jobs". That movie needs a sequel to tell the entire story.
BornAgainMac is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:58 AM   #18
ggmissmolly
macrumors regular

Who gives a crap? It proves you can draw a crowd with any stupid issue on the internet.
ggmissmolly is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:58 AM   #19
NutsNGum
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaviano View Post
Any film that produces the illusion of motion is a movie.

Documentary is a sub-genre.
NutsNGum is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:59 AM   #20
ucdortbes
macrumors newbie

"Ashton... He is so hot right now."
ucdortbes is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:05 AM   #21
omenatarhuri
macrumors 6502

This is just wrong. A silly punked character skilled in TV comedy to play the role of a very complex personality rising from rebel to one of the most successful entrepreneurs and showmen of all time.
omenatarhuri is offline   -6 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:07 AM   #22
radiogoober
Banned

It's rather fascinating that Ashton Kutcher is famous at all. He's a completely talentless idiot.
radiogoober is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:12 AM   #23
apolloa
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaviano View Post
You may think that, however if you watch SENNA you will see it as a story and not a documentary, a 'film' about Jobs will be crap end off, it will be fake, acting, as for Jobs being a private guy, I'm sure they could do something to make a film, interviews with friends and workers would do.
But this is Hollywood, the place that struggles to come up with any original content for anything so just rehashes stuff daily. Yeah, Total Recall, wow.... etc etc etc etc etc
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:21 AM   #24
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted

He may look alike... But with the roles hes played in the past not getting out of my head. How can u take him seriously? I mean "dude, wheres my car?"
Old Apr 4, 2012, 06:23 AM   #25
Lukeyy19
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

lol
TV
Lukeyy19 is offline   36 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion