Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KingJosh

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2012
Australia
Cool they do like like twins. Can't wait for new news to knock this one down my scroll bar a bit. A picture of those two once per week is enough

Dragado

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
is his nose off?

Looks like it's on to me.

On a more serious note, yes, his nose is slightly smaller. These things generally happen with lookalikes though, I say he's close enough. The only issue is wether or not he can pull off the role.

Last edited:

fa8362

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2008
I question whether they could have made a worse pick. I guess Stallone or Schwarzenegger would have been worse. Or Judy Dench...

dermeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2003
What's with all the hating on this guy? Sure he's a comedy guy, but everybody has to start somewhere. It seems he's taking the role very seriously, and I think we might all be in for a pleasant surprise.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
not really a fan of Kutcher or his work either but he does look a lot like 70s steve and off the top of my head can't think of anyone better

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Paul Giamatti would work for Woz...

still think they should have got Noah Wyle again for SJ.

The Original post says - other films such as 'Pirates of Silicon Valley' Are there any othe Apple films?

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
paul giamatti would work for woz...

Still think they should have got noah wyle again for sj.

The original post says - other films such as 'pirates of silicon valley' are there any othe apple films?

51JtCPKVOzL.jpg

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Ashton Kutcher is actually a very talented actor. Has anyone seen the butterfly effect? He can do much more than just funny roles.

Larrywb

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
CT
I find Ashton's acting very 1-dimensional. I don't see much difference between his 70's show character and the one in 2.5 Men.
No question about it though, he looks like a young Steve.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Maybe they should just make a Steve Jobs movie a comedy like they did to 21 Jump Street? Hollywood ruins everything these days why not just ruin something else.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I find Ashton's acting very 1-dimensional. I don't see much difference between his 70's show character and the one in 2.5 Men.
No question about it though, he looks like a young Steve.

That’s because you are comparing two TV shows that are of the same genre - comedy. You pick two things that are alike and you will find lots of similarities like you did.

Ashton has done other things other than comedy roles.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
I never really liked the guy, but that's mainly because he always appears in these annoying chick flicks. I did like butterfly effect though, and he does have some physical traits of Steve Jobs. I'm sure he will do a good job here

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Wirelessly posted

so a beard and long hair makes u a steve jobs look alike. his face isnt even the same shape and pics from a certain angle make him of course look more alike than in motion

Roy G Biv

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2010
His role in That 70's Show was based in part on Jobs' stoner years as a teen. Jobs was quoted as being honored and most impressed by Ashton's homage on the show.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Altough Ashton is a great actor, Noah should be the choice again, they have to at least put him in the movie in some role

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Aston is very active in social media and investments in technological startups. Tech startups is kind of a mini-hobbey of his. I bet he is a HUGE Steve Jobs fan so yeah, he is going to put his heart into this one.

The roles that he has done so far are probably just roles. And no one should be judged by Two and a Half men since the writers of that show are simply terrible (I'm judging by only the few snippets I've seen but when every moment is bad and obvious humor even just catch two or three shows is probably a good enough sample size). Sheen could pull it off because he was crazy and the audience knew it.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Ashton looks pretty alike Steve Jobe in the comparison photos which have been shown.
But the actor actually cannot match Steve by any chance.

He won't have to be Steve Jobs, he just has to play him.

I think he's a good choice, he really looks very alike, looking forward to see the film.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.