Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riorben

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
The UI is nicer, and it just feels much faster and lighter than the stock mail app. I thought I'd miss push email, but I'm glad that the phone isn't chiming or the dock badge updating all the time.

I completely agree. After a few days I saw the lack of push & notifications as a feature. Even if they enable them I might turn them off after realizing how "calm" my phone can be without them.

skillz1318

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
I completely agree. After a few days I saw the lack of push & notifications as a feature. Even if they enable them I might turn them off after realizing how "calm" my phone can be without them.

+1 I thought I would miss the notifications, but I enjoy having a much "calmer" phone as well. When I want to check email I click the icon and in 2 seconds it updates with any new mail. I don't receive urgent emails like phone/text that require immediate attention. When I have time to review my mail I check my mail.

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
Quick question,

my school's email it's an outlook account. Will it work on with sparrow? I know sparrow doesn't support POP accounts like hotmail and/or live, not sure about outlook.

Edit: Never mind, I already set it. Mail.app sits now on a folder.

Last edited:

rsjordan7

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Question about Sparrow...

If I'm reading an individual e-mail (that's not part of a thread) on my iPhone, how do I go to the next or previous e-mail in my inbox, other than just going back to the inbox and clicking on the next e-mail? I'm hoping there's a way to do this that I've managed to overlook and not that it can't be done. Other than this one thing, I love Sparrow, especially the availability to have different signatures for different accounts. That's essential for my work and personal accounts. Too bad iOS's native e-mail app doesn't allow that.

Any tips for reading previous and next e-mails?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
If I'm reading an individual e-mail (that's not part of a thread) on my iPhone, how do I go to the next or previous e-mail in my inbox, other than just going back to the inbox and clicking on the next e-mail? I'm hoping there's a way to do this that I've managed to overlook and not that it can't be done. Other than this one thing, I love Sparrow, especially the availability to have different signatures for different accounts. That's essential for my work and personal accounts. Too bad iOS's native e-mail app doesn't allow that.

Any tips for reading previous and next e-mails?

Sparrow 1.2 will allow you to swipe back and forth between messages. For now, you'll have to go back to the inbox.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Sparrow 1.2 will allow you to swipe back and forth between messages. For now, you'll have to go back to the inbox.

I will tell you that is a great feature that Google put into its gmail app for 3.2 and above.
It makes go threw emails a heck of a lot nicer.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'll probably jump on board and check this out once they add PUSH. Might inspire me to use email more than Facebook for personal communication (which I think would be better from a privacy standpoint).

I wouldn't hold my breath for Exchange support. Perhaps IMAP/POP3 support. I think with Exchange/ActiveSync support they would have to pay licensing to Microsoft.

It's possible that the implied licensing agreement with Apple & Microsoft would include third party developers have full rights to use that implementation per device, and the reason why Apple hasn't opened up the API?? I don't know.

:apple:

enkadrummer88

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
North Carolina

Call me crazy, but don't the screenshots of this app look like a hybrid of the Facebook and Twitter apps? Regardless, it looks awesome. And when they get the push thing sorted out I'll probably get this app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.