Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
I just bought this last weekend.

zk7cvv

Scion TC Release Series with a Manual Gearbox, Premium Audio, and Panoramic Sunroof. 167HP Toyota Inline 4.
It's not a sports car by any means, but it handles very well for what it is. Someday I'll also hopefully be able to find a car that's not silver.

On a side note, never buy a tandem garage. It might look like it can hold 4 cars, and it does, but it's a huge hassle to deal with.

EDIT - The image is hosted on my MobileMe, so if you click to view larger it will download to your computer. Just a warning.

Nice! I bought a 2008 Scion tC back in August and still love it! I went from a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 150k miles to the 08 tC with 41k miles so it was a huge upgrade for me.

10b05e72.jpg

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
Does anyone actually believe these computerised MPG meters?

I have one in my car (Ford Fiesta) and when I actually measure it manually I find the two numbers are quite different.

The way I measure is that when I need fuel, I fill the tank up completely and take the mileage since the last fill. I measure how much fuel I used against how many miles I did to come up with the MPG. It never matches the number my car says, even if I reset it at the same time as the trip computer in the petrol station.

I track on fuelly.com as well. Mind you this was only one short 80 mile trip on cruise control, my overall average sucks because I normally drive like a jackass. lol.

r i c h

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
California
So how was it? Just like I saw in all those awesome Youtube videos? I bet that was a blast!

Fantastic! :) However, there's no way I'm jumping it (like the Youtube stuff shows)...it's my only vehicle and I'd feel like a real jackass if I totaled it and still had to make the payments LOL.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Fantastic! :) However, there's no way I'm jumping it (like the Youtube stuff shows)...it's my only vehicle and I'd feel like a real jackass if I totaled it and still had to make the payments LOL.

Haha, yeah you're right. Get it covered in mud and post a pic. That's what I really wanna see, a muddy truck. :)

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
Nice! I bought a 2008 Scion tC back in August and still love it! I went from a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 150k miles to the 08 tC with 41k miles so it was a huge upgrade for me.

To be honest I like that color a lot better than my silver one. I found one, but it had quite a few door dings and the dash also had holes drilled in it from what looked to be turbo and boost gauges so I was a bit awry of buying the car. I wish I had the projector headlights like yours though, they seem to work much better.

MacJones

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
Arizona
To be honest I like that color a lot better than my silver one. I found one, but it had quite a few door dings and the dash also had holes drilled in it from what looked to be turbo and boost gauges so I was a bit awry of buying the car. I wish I had the projector headlights like yours though, they seem to work much better.

I almost bought a silver one but mine was in better condition and it came with tinted windows and white/red LED lights in the dash. This color is pretty hard to keep clean, silver would be much better I think. The projector headlights are really nice and I put some bright white HID lights in them.

mgartner0622

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2010
Colorado, USA
I almost bought a silver one but mine was in better condition and it came with tinted windows and white/red LED lights in the dash. This color is pretty hard to keep clean, silver would be much better I think. The projector headlights are really nice and I put some bright white HID lights in them.

Yeah, tinted windows are a must almost everywhere. I'm getting mine tinted at the end of next week, as dark as legally possible. (I think it's 20% light in)

Jony Mac

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Not my photo, but picked one of these up the other day. VW CC (Passatt CC) Black on Black, and no front license plate cover. I havent had the chance to take any photos yet. Maybe this weekend after I wax it.

Picked up the Mariner 4 months ago for my wife. Once again not my photo.

Attachments

• Volkswagen_CC_Hartmann_Wheels_HRS4_252_HS_20_HS1.jpg
    Volkswagen_CC_Hartmann_Wheels_HRS4_252_HS_20_HS1.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Mercury-Mariner_2008_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg
    Mercury-Mariner_2008_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Heres my car my '07 Fiat Grande Punto that I got for my birthday last year. I thought for the photo i'd give it a top gear magazine style effect :D Taken at an abandon warehouse just on the outskirts of town.

Its not much but its not a bad first car I would like to say insurance is nice and reasonable, but for any young driver living in the UK thats simply not true. Insurance is OUTRAGEOUSLY & INSANELY EXPENSIVE

My First Car by Ryan J. Nicholson, on Flickr

Last edited:

jeutie

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2011
Belgium
cee6aeb4819b11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

After a few years of saving up and not updating the Macs, (*sadface*) I purchased this Volkswagen Golf. Couldn't be more happy of it. <3 :D

I have one in my car (Ford Fiesta) and when I actually measure it manually I find the two numbers are quite different.

The way I measure is that when I need fuel, I fill the tank up completely and take the mileage since the last fill. I measure how much fuel I used against how many miles I did to come up with the MPG. It never matches the number my car says, even if I reset it at the same time as the trip computer in the petrol station.

I've found the ones in my Hondas are within .1 MPG of hand calculated.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

I only recently started tracking my gas mileage in the past few weeks, but after 3 fillups, I've found the MPG on my trip computer (VW Golf GTI) is about 6% less than the manual calculation (same method you used).

Neither the trip computer or fillup method are 100% accurate though. Actual MPG is probably somewhere in between.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level

I use gas cubby. Over 10,000 miles in my subaru, the trip computer was overestimating by 1.5mpgs over the calculations done with gas cubby over that mileage.

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I use gas cubby. Over 10,000 miles in my subaru, the trip computer was overestimating by 1.5mpgs over the calculations done with gas cubby over that mileage.
Yeah, the trip computer on my STi is worthless. Overestimates gas mileage by about 10%. Tells me I'm getting 21 MPG, when it's really more like 19.

I just check the old fashioned way. Fill the tank, divide trip miles by gals filled, reset trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.