Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:36 PM   #1
zPine
macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S Unlock Solutions

Hey guys,

I was browsing the web and stumbled upon some iPhone 4S sim unlocks and was just wondering which ones work and which don't.

This one was suggested from another iPhone jailbreak site and was wondering if would work. [Amazon.com]

I also stumbled on this website [GeveyPro.com]. After searching these forums I found mixed reviews on the site. The older posts say the customer service is pathetic and not worth it and some newer posts say they had a positive experience with them. Anyway, I was just wondering if this was a safe site to order from.

Thank you in advance
zPine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:17 AM   #2
dread
macrumors 6502a

Applenberry.com is the most reliable
dread is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:25 AM   #3
miles01110
macrumors 604

What carrier/software version is your iPhone currently locked to? If it's an AT&T iPhone in the states your only option is the Gevey SIM, and I'm not even sure that works on the newer models.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:23 AM   #4
longrowe
macrumors newbie

I have a Japanese CDMA iPhone 4S locked to AU/KDDI. I was able to unlock with the Gevey Ultra S. I used a friend's Softbank (GSM) sim and it worked to make phone calls. I did not try data but all I need to do is add the softbank APN and the 3G data will work. My phone is on 5.0 with the 1.0.11 baseband.

I bought mine here:
http://www.beijingiphonerepair.com/s...roduct=9381105
longrowe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:27 AM   #5
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPine View Post
Hey guys,

I was browsing the web and stumbled upon some iPhone 4S sim unlocks and was just wondering which ones work and which don't.

This one was suggested from another iPhone jailbreak site and was wondering if would work. [Amazon.com]

I also stumbled on this website [GeveyPro.com]. After searching these forums I found mixed reviews on the site. The older posts say the customer service is pathetic and not worth it and some newer posts say they had a positive experience with them. Anyway, I was just wondering if this was a safe site to order from.

Thank you in advance
There are currently 3 companies selling sim interposers to unlock a 4S on iOS5
All seem to work as claimed.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:32 AM   #6
zPine
macrumors newbie

It's locked within Australia. I'm not sure of the carrier, it doesn't have a sim.
I was really hoping I could get some info on the links I provided, I'm a bit of a tight-ass ahaha. Also how do I know if the phone is CDMA or GSM. The apple website has:

A1431 on the iPhone 4S (GSM China)
A1387 on the iPhone 4S

I have the A1387 model so can I assume it's the CDMA model? (what ever that means, ahaha)

EDIT: What are the three companies that have working sims? Is the one on Amazon one of them, or is it a fake?

Last edited by zPine; Apr 6, 2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: dhlizard you responded while I was typing this up, ahaha.
zPine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Batman&Robbin
macrumors newbie

I bought the Gevey Ultra S from them and received it today. Works as advertised on an AT&T 4S with iOS5.1. GeveyPro.com was alot cheaper than a couple of the other resellers recommended by MacRumour members.

I subscribed to their news letter and it says the CDMA+GSM model should be in this week. I'd email them if I were you to make sure what you buy is compatible since you're on the other side of the world!
Batman&Robbin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks