Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I assume most of the comments here are (deservedly) sarcastic, but of course even if Apple was to respond to media commentary, I seriously doubt that you could get a billboard designed, printed, and installed on less than 24 hours' notice, no matter who you are.

At least, I assume not. Maybe billboards get printed and pasted up in a few hours.

juanjohnjean

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
They still had the iPad 2 ad above the Lincoln Tunnel(4/4/12)

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 106

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Well obviously they couldn't get the art to the print company until after the announcement. I'm sure some were just behind. Not much they could do at that point.

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
do it again!

MacRumor,

Are you sure it's coincidental and not a magical?

Maybe you should write another article about winning the lotto, and see what happens the next day? :eek: Kinda like the anime called "Death Note?", but without the eeriness

If you do win, pray tell you remember us! :D

xtrucase

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Why changing the billboard? All they had to do is put a white sticker on the "2".

That would never work as it is obviously the iPad 2 in the photo -- The 0.3mm difference in thickness just screams iPad 2.

Benson11

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Yup agree. I also believe that it's merely a coincident. As i think Apple has no time to bother in all these. However, glad to see the new billboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.