Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
TheGrudge
macrumors member

Can you export iBook to other devices?

A couple of months ago I purchased a book on iBooks and have been reading it on my iPad. Recently, I've acquired an eReader and I prefer reading books on that.

Is there any way to take this book I purchased from iBooks and move it to my reader? I have a Kobo eReader.
TheGrudge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:25 AM   #2
David Menzel
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrudge View Post
A couple of months ago I purchased a book on iBooks and have been reading it on my iPad. Recently, I've acquired an eReader and I prefer reading books on that.

Is there any way to take this book I purchased from iBooks and move it to my reader? I have a Kobo eReader.
Sorry but I think that's not possible.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 09:43 AM   #3
thewitt
macrumors 68000

If the book doesn't use DRM protection, then yes it's possible thru iTunes to do this. If its protected, then no. Apple's DRM scheme is unique.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4
palpatine
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrudge View Post

yes. but, it requires you to break the law. strip the drm and use calibre to convert. again, though, this is technically illegal.

as consumers we have had our rights stripped away by the current drm regime that lets you "buy" a book that you are really "borrowing." welcome to the world of information throttling
palpatine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps