Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 7, 2012, 12:39 AM   #451
flynn1900
macrumors newbie

in safari, two fingers tap on the top or bottom of the trackpad scrolls the page to either the very top or very bottom.
flynn1900 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:59 AM   #452
nineteenatetwo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynn1900 View Post
in safari, two fingers tap on the top or bottom of the trackpad scrolls the page to either the very top or very bottom.
Wow. That's excellent.
nineteenatetwo is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2012, 09:14 PM   #453
ajvizzgamer101
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Nothing for Magic Mouse?
32GB iPad 2 (iOS 7)
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:18 AM   #454
satkin2
macrumors regular

Quote:
It may only be a small thing, but that sounds like one of the best features so far. I would love to see something similar implemented on iOS.
satkin2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2012, 01:07 AM   #455
Solowalker
macrumors regular

Quote:
I can't replicate this. But I have long had a similar setup with BetterTouchTool. If you don't have it, I strongly recommend it. Quite awesome and infinitely customizable.

Can anyone else confirm if this is native now?
Solowalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2012, 03:19 PM   #456
Branskins
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solowalker View Post
I can't replicate this. But I have long had a similar setup with BetterTouchTool. If you don't have it, I strongly recommend it. Quite awesome and infinitely customizable.

Can anyone else confirm if this is native now?
I thought you had to two finger drag quickly from the top or bottom to do this. A two finger tap would be interesting!
Branskins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:54 PM   #457
Yamcha
macrumors 68000

Personally, the features alone for me wouldn't warrant an ugprade.. But because Mountain Lion is noticeably faster, and all the animation lag has been resolved It'll be a worth while upgrade..

I do like the notification & reminders features..
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:25 AM   #458
MikhailT
macrumors 68040

Quote:
This isn't true. You probably have some type of gesture tool installed like BetterTouchTool.
MikhailT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:15 AM   #459
hafr
Banned

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned already, haven't read the whole thread (skipped a few pages), but swiping back a page in Safari puts you at the top of the page instead of where you were before. Very annoying when surfing a forum or a news website...
hafr is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:02 PM   #460
kooskoos1814
macrumors member

It now supports multiple HD to backup with Time Machine !

Excellent !
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:25 PM   #461
hafr
Banned

Hmm, sometimes the mouse pointer is above the actual mouse pointer in Safari. For instance, I just clicked this thread but got a thread a few threads down. It has happened a few times, and always after swiping back a page.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:54 PM   #462
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
Hmm, sometimes the mouse pointer is above the actual mouse pointer in Safari. For instance, I just clicked this thread but got a thread a few threads down. It has happened a few times, and always after swiping back a page.
That's not a feature, that's a bug!! (meant to be a bad joke)

It's been doing that to me, but it seems rather random when it will occur. You can tell usually where it thinks the curser is by which link highlights or what the curser itself looks like.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:08 PM   #463
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
That's not a feature, that's a bug!! (meant to be a bad joke)

It's been doing that to me, but it seems rather random when it will occur. You can tell usually where it thinks the curser is by which link highlights or what the curser itself looks like.
I think I've found a common denominator though... Swiping back a page takes you to where you were when you clicked the link, then it loads and takes you to the top of the page. If you, during this time, click on a link to get to a new page and then swipe back, sometimes the cursor is higher up than where the "actual" cursor is.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:47 PM   #464
mentaluproar
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdeveloper View Post
A Finder with tab support would be really nice. I don't like to use Exposť to find all open windows on SL. Finder would look more like Safari. I also like the Windows Explorer view with left side showing folders and the right side showing folder contents.

I can find no arguments to defend Finder against Windows Explorer...
I agree, to a point. Personally, I would love native finder split screens, like ubuntu has. Drag two finder windows together and they would snap together. Very apple-like.

And yet, we still don't have it.