Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
got my shipping confirmation in the afternoon. Should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't smell like the colored ones.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
anyone bought the case using debit/credit card?
i can't seems to go through or payment is strictly via paypal?

treeoflife

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
LOL. I'm worried about the 'SMELLY WOW!' remark... I think I'll tell my roommate to open it up when it gets there and 'air' it out for me or maybe spray some febreze on it.

LOL!!
I usually notice the strong odor with some leather type of cases, but not for polycarbonate cases.

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
Just received my ultra clear clearbuddy today. Here's my first impression. There was a slight odor coming out of the box. It wasn't that noticeable about an hour. The case fits perfectly. It even fits over my iCarbons skin on the back. There is a big gap by the hinges of the smart cover like the previous reviewers of the colored case said. It attracts fingerprints but no scratches after an hour with it. So far I like it. I like the speaker grill and coverage except the area by the hinges. Not a big deal though since i have my iCarbons back. Also it came with 2 sets of plugs for the headphone jack and the charging/ sync port. I put them on in the pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so there is basically no difference between the cover buddy for ipad 2 and 3 when it comes to appearance? just how it fits?

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
understand that the ultra clear is out of stock, will the order still go thru if i have place an order online?

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
when did u last check? it is out of stock for all regions since yesterday:)

oh nevermind than. you should be able to purchase it though because i did when it was out of stock and they just sent me one when it came back in stock :)

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2009
SC
psychonaut/anyone ... what are the reviews on the ultra clear? is it a cheap plastic? does it seem like it would get dirty? will it scratch? would you prefer the clear or a color?

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
so i got my case today but discovered a crack near the camera so now I have to request to receive a new one :mad:

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
anyone bought the case using debit/credit card?
i can't seems to go through or payment is strictly via paypal?

I never could order from them. My bank (credit union) wouldn't approve certain charges from out of the country and all their payments at that time went thru Hong Kong, which was on the list. I finally gave up!

MrBambinoDent

macrumors regular
May 23, 2011
I am thinking about returning it and getting a refund instead and going with belkin snap shield :(

I think you should. These guys are jerks. I paid for my order a week ago and they didn't ship till now. Last time buying from them. I even contacted them and they said there are holidays coming so you need to wait and this was quite before good Friday and all this stuff.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2009
SC
Would be interested in thoughts between the CoverBuddy and the Smart Feather. To me, they seem very similar with the separating factor being whether or not you want the Smart Case to snap in or not. I've had neither so I have no basis for comparison when it comes to this ...

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i think the cover buddy ultra clear is too thin and that is why it cracked around the camera hole. hopefully i wont have this same issue with belkin :confused:

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007
Canada
too thin? too thin to be protective?

These type of rear cases are mostly for scratch and bump protection. They won't protect it from drops.
Plus, clear polycarbonate is much more brittle than the other colors, which they can mix some rubber compounds to make it more flexible.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
sigh i dont know what i should do.. i know for sure im returning the case because its all cracked. i just dont know if i should get another one for free and what if it happens again?

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
i've placed an online order for the ultra clear cover last fri, but to date still have yet to receive the shipping confirmation.

how long does it take for the confirmation email to be sent? anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.