Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bperrella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Does anoyone know where I could buy a sealed first gen iPad for a decent price? I can't seem to find one for less than about $400! I want to keep it as a collectors item. I've been keeping an eye on eBay and Amazon but the prices don't seem to be sliding at all.

bperrella

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Right, I'm looking for a new sealed version in original box not a refurb. Thanks for your help though!

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
That sounds like a real tough find due to such demand after the launch of the original and people still flipping the original model for profit six months after launch.

Sounds like it would be great to have for a collector of Apple products but if you can't, maybe you could get by finding the best model you can that's complete and have it shrinkwrapped. Sure it won't be a true sealed first generation on OS 3.2, but some collectors do go to extremes even with old hardware and even old Mac software if it was a limited release. I remember how tough it was to find Halo for the Mac, but got lucky with a friend on another forum who sold it to me for twenty bucks.

I didn't want to shelve it, I wanted to play it after buying my iBook G4 (which was the last generation 1.33Ghz 12" model). It wasn't fast and smooth by any means when compared to the Intel release but still a ton of fun to play since I didn't have an Xbox or a PC that could run it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.