Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Proving that Foxconn employees, even those associated with worker hiring, aren't necessarily privy to information on launch schedules for Apple products, Kotaku reports on an article from Maeil Business Newspaper offering new claims on an iPhone 5 launch date. The report notes that the newspaper contacted the chief of human resources at Foxconn's facility in Taiyuan, China to ask about hiring and iPhone plans, with the employee disclosing that the company has just received an order from Apple for the iPhone 5 ahead of an expected launch date of "around October".
According to a recently published article, the paper asked the head of human resources at Foxconn's Taiyuan factory about the iPhone 5 release date. The human resources head apparently told the paper, "We just got the order. It [the release] will be around October."
The report comes just after a Foxconn recruiter at the same plant claimed last week that a hiring surge of roughly 18,000 workers is supporting production of the iPhone 5 for a June launch.

foxconn_workers.jpg

As we noted in our earlier report, a September-October timeframe has seemed much more likely than a return to a mid-year launch, as Apple would likely prefer to maintain at least a one-year interval between product updates. Returning to a June-July launch for the next-generation iPhone would bring that interval down to only 8-9 months, a rather fast turnaround for the company that is still rolling out the iPhone 4S to new markets and carriers.

Article Link: Foxconn Human Resources Chief Claims October Launch for iPhone 5

DrFu79

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2008
Norway
yep, you have to be a prophet to think that a new iphone will launch at the end of the year. duh.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
If they use numbers it would actually be the iPhone 6. I doubt they will use numbers again, most probably they will use the same naming system as iPad and Macs.

Storosyan

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
California
I liked the early summer release of the iPhone but it makes more sense to sell it closer to the holiday season... People are willing to spend more around that time for some strange reason.

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Must feel very meaningful to report this... June, October, June, October... whatever.

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I just assumed the ramp-up of employees was due to the much lower number number of hours available each week to current employees to comply with regulations.

WannaSwitch

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
"Ex-Foxconn Human Resources Chief Claims October Launch for iPhone 5"

There, I fixed that for you :p

bobenhaus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Wow a new Iphone coming out with a amazing 3.5 inch screen. That is so resoultionary. Dont worry Apple will be a niche market soon enough as they have always been. A close ecosystem will never work. Daddy told me I cant use this app. Dont think so. Choice and open-source will always reign. Even though I like the iphone myself.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Too bad. I really liked the June announcement. It's awesome to see an Apple executive introduce a new device for such a huge audience (during the WWDC).

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
great, looks like i made the right choice buying the 4S last dec even though i already owned the 4 to fill the gap until the true 5 or "new iPhone" comes out. kinda sucks for those early iPhone 4 adopters though

2bikes

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Since when HR manager gets the orders? He must be a sales guy in a different shift.:p

thegreypatch

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2012
unless we know what it looks like, shut up and give us some info on the MBP/MBA thats due within the next 3 weeks!:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.