Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackbean28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Well, about a year ago, my iPod touch USB cable broke, and only recently have I decided to buy a new one. I knew that the last time I used my iPod, I ran the battery down to empty, so I attempted to charge it as soon as I got the USB cable home. But, when it started up, it just kept cycling through the low battery and Apple logo over and over again. It is jailbroken, and iTunes wont recognize it when I plug it into my computer, but I can't remember what I could have done last time I went on it that could have made it do this. I'm really stuck, so PLEASE can someone give me a solution. Thanks in advance.

-Blackbean

Last edited:

yanksrock100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2010
San Diego
Well, about a year ago, my iPod touch USB cable broke, and only recently have I decided to buy a new one. I knew that the last time I used my iPod, I ran the battery down to empty, so I attempted to charge it as soon as I got the USB cable home. But, when it started up, it just kept cycling through the low battery and Apple logo over and over again. It is jailbroken, and iTunes wont recognize it when I plug it into my computer, but I can't remember what I could have done last time I went on it that could have made it do this. I'm really stuck, so PLEASE can someone give me a solution. Thanks in advance.

-Blackbean

I agree, try a new cable. This happened to me with my iPod cable, so I just switched cables, and it worked like a charm :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.