Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:37 AM   #1
hellotin
macrumors newbie

Water damage... is there still hope?

About a week ago water got into my laptop (spilled in my bag) so I put it in rice for a few days. Now, it works but only when it's plugged into the charger (constant green light, never orange/red). Then, a few moments later the fan starts running and is really loud and at the same time my computer starts to slow down... A LOT- opening a folder even lags.

Is there any hope besides an changing out the logic board? However, I wouldn't do that- I would rather buy a new MacBook Pro, and hopefully there's a refresh soon! But for the meanwhile I need something portable...

Would you think that an attempt to take out and clean the logic board would do me any good? I'm only asking because I have time to spare because I have to go out and buy the special screwdrivers sometime this week. I saw a bit of residue just above where the battery connects to the logic board and cleaned it up with alcohol and a microfiber swab, but that did nothing.

I also tested out my sister's MBP's battery and it's not my battery.

Please let me know your thoughts, and please let there be a MacBook pro savior! I'm a broke college kid... sigh.

Thank you!
hellotin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro