Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I recently switched from a ATV2 to the new ATV3. My front light on the ATV2 would go out after some time. Not the case with the ATV3, it seems to be on all the time. If this normal?

Thanks

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Goto Setting->General->Sleep-After and change the sleep time, the light wont go out until the ATV sleeps, the default is 1 hour.

davidoloan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2009
I have noticed this too.

When I go to HDMI 1 the Apple TV3 is asleep but the light is on.

Also, I have sold my Apple TV2's, but can anybody who has both say whether the Apple TV3 light is brighter or bigger. I don't remember it being as intrusive on the Apple TV2's.

russell2

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2011
I have noticed this too.

When I go to HDMI 1 the Apple TV3 is asleep but the light is on.

Also, I have sold my Apple TV2's, but can anybody who has both say whether the Apple TV3 light is brighter or bigger. I don't remember it being as intrusive on the Apple TV2's.

I hate the light it looks the same as the old one to me I take a sharp black sharpie and dot it once wait to dry them dot again layers it.

davidoloan

Suspended
Apr 28, 2009
I am fairly sure that this was fixed in yesterdays update.

My light also seems to be much lower intensity; just like my old Apple TV2 was. Much better.

Anybody else noticed it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.