Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 25, 2012, 02:20 AM   #1
sdsvtdriver
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego
SE/30 boot floppy

I have an old SE/30. The HD is toast and I'm not comfortable opening up the case with the high voltage issues to replace the HD. I have a bunch of old disks including system 7, etc.

I'd like to put together a disk that it would boot off of and run some type of 'demo' or something for when people come over. Anyone have any suggestions or links to disk images that were used "back in the day"?
sdsvtdriver is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:01 AM   #2
MacTech68
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia, Perth
How about the SE/30 tour?

http://nbbemulation.free.fr/forum_ma...pic.php?id=105

EDIT: I can't get the above .image file to work here but I suspect it will work with DiskCopy 4.2

DiskCopy 4.2 won't startup without a Mac with an internal floppy drive so I can't test this as yet.
__________________
iBook14" 1.42Ghz, G4 DigitalAudio 733Mhz, iMac Snow 700Mhz, iBook SE 466Mhz, PowerBook Pismo 500Mhz, G3 B&W, G4 MDD 1.25Ghz, iMac 233 1998, iMac G4 USB2 1.25Ghz, iMac C2D 2.16Ghz, MacMini G4 1.25Ghz

Last edited by MacTech68; Mar 25, 2012 at 05:30 AM.
MacTech68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:29 PM   #3
sdsvtdriver
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTech68 View Post
How about the SE/30 tour?

http://nbbemulation.free.fr/forum_ma...pic.php?id=105

EDIT: I can't get the above .image file to work here but I suspect it will work with DiskCopy 4.2

DiskCopy 4.2 won't startup without a Mac with an internal floppy drive so I can't test this as yet.
hey neat! I downloaded it but need to research what to do with this. Hard part may be finding a DD disk!
sdsvtdriver is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040
 
Anonymous Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cascadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsvtdriver View Post
hey neat! I downloaded it but need to research what to do with this. Hard part may be finding a DD disk!
http://rescuemyclassicmac.com/ to the rescue!

(I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer - and the person who runs it is active on other vintage computing forums.)
__________________

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:40 AM   #5
sdsvtdriver
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Freak View Post
http://rescuemyclassicmac.com/ to the rescue!

(I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer - and the person who runs it is active on other vintage computing forums.)
ha! nice! thanks much!
sdsvtdriver is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Apple Collectors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All iPads: iPad uses floppy drive! napabar iPad Accessories 9 Jun 13, 2013 04:16 PM
Converting Panasonic JU-268A016C internal floppy drive to external floppy drive digitalarchives PowerPC Macs 0 Jun 7, 2013 12:05 PM
Floppy Diskette seek failure? windows fail to boot up? jbigwood Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 0 Jan 21, 2013 05:59 PM
USB Floppy Drive? Dokk Mac Peripherals 13 Aug 28, 2012 10:18 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC