Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weing

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2007
Oh Great.

Now ugly ,fat and old people can cross call centers off their job possibilities list too.

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
As for corruption, please stop this usual mongrel dog complex that affects many Brazilians - according to the latest Transparency International reports, Brazil's corruption levels are way better than China and Russia, better than most of the Americas, much better than most of Eastern Europe and Africa, and at similar levels as "rich" countries such as Italy. So try to put a little perspective into things instead of spouting the same blabla to non-Brazilians.

The poster you are quoting is wrong; ours is a great country, and I wouldn't live anywhere else, but he does have a point in that our entire political system is incredibly corrupt. The mere fact our political parties are not based on ideologies, and that we have so many parties willing to serve whoever is currently in charge as long as they get power and money, speak very poorly about our country's system.

However, even if the very high taxes, I have seen a lot of middle class people using iPhones. It's a great thing that technology like this can slowly spread to most strata in our society.

I only wisher Apple would release the new iPad here soon, but for now no expected release date...

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
LOL. I live in Brasil. It's horrible to pay taxes like brazilian people pay. The government here in Brasil it's horrible. Is a government of corrupt politicians.
Thats the result of bad administration!!! Bad Government = Horrible Country

Maybe you can move to China, so you can get Macs for very reasonable prices. However, your wages will be a bit lesser.

There is corruption in every country. If we know about brazilian corrupts, this is a good sign of democracy. Is up to us fire and arrest them!

----------

Believe me. Brazil sucks!!!
You would hate to live here. I know that Brazil isn't THAT BAD. But still horrible to live here.

Horrible is such an abstract term. Can you explain it more deeply?

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
I am of the opinion that, in order for Brazil to remain competitive, taxes WILL have to come down, notably those impacting energy and infrastructure costs. Brazilians have grown richer over the last years, with a continued decrease in inequality levels. The result? A bigger consumer market. The downside? More people ready to pay MORE for a status gadget.

As I said above, EVEN when you take all taxes off the price, you can easily see that companies are ripping Brazilian customers big time (especially in cars, motorbikes and electronics). So unless Brazilians themselves start talking with their wallets and demand more transparent pricing, companies will continue to profit from those consumers' willingness to pay.

I agree. We have to increase investments on infrastructure and sustainable energy. I'm not very consumerist. I prefer human relations than tech gadgets, so very high importing taxes don't annoy me too much. However, brazilian people traditionally uses financing when buying any product, even the cheaper ones. Now, we are facing better interest rates and people tend to use even more financing. Brazilians should hold their consumerist impetus while saving money, forcing industry to put the prices down.

Car industry is the most notable example: it's a very subsidized sector by the government but car prices are higher than Mexico or Argentina.

antmarobel

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2009
Brasília
Maybe you can move to China, so you can get Macs for very reasonable prices. However, your wages will be a bit lesser.

There is corruption in every country. If we know about brazilian corrupts, this is a good sign of democracy. Is up to us fire and arrest them!

----------

Horrible is such an abstract term. Can you explain it more deeply?

No, he cannot. He has no sign of brain to do it.:cool:

susanjf90

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
the changes include a revamped chat window with a more modern appearance.

Fabiano

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Palmas, Brazil
If you ever studied Tax Law, you would understand that, once a government approves additional taxation, it will almost never accept to relinquish it. Furthermore, Brazil is a federative republic - the President is not able to change the whole taxation system at will...exactly the same happens with the horrid tax system in the US - the only advantage is that taxes are still lower over there.

As for corruption, please stop this usual mongrel dog complex that affects many Brazilians - according to the latest Transparency International reports, Brazil's corruption levels are way better than China and Russia, better than most of the Americas, much better than most of Eastern Europe and Africa, and at similar levels as "rich" countries such as Italy. So try to put a little perspective into things instead of spouting the same blabla to non-Brazilians.

Hey dude, your comment just made me think a lot right now. I have been so pessimist about all that stuff recently, but you now what? you are right. I meet a lot of people with this "mongrel dog complex" and I found that is really difficult to argue with them... but you raised some arguments that I never thought of, and I cant agree more. Brazilian people need to be more patriotic and start to think, and act, instead of just keep complaining about everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.