Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cookierachas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I know the instructions say not to put it into the fed ex drop box but the closest fed ex store from me is really far
So I want to know if anyone has sent it back in the drop box and did you experience any problems?

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
Good idea, it says not to do something so it must be a good idea to do it.

helpful post!

I haven't tried it but it's not like they are going to lose your package if you do...eventually it will get delivered, it just might take longer putting it in a drop box location. just make sure you record the tracking number before you drop it off...

Cookierachas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
Good idea, it says not to do something so it must be a good idea to do it.

I'm sure someone has done it and I just want to know if it affected their experience in any way whatsoever

----------

helpful post!

I haven't tried it but it's not like they are going to lose your package if you do...eventually it will get delivered, it just might take longer putting it in a drop box location. just make sure you record the tracking number before you drop it off...

Thanks!

bsbuggs

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
i just called and they sent a driver to get the package...I was in same boat...I had mine back within 2 weeks.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I had 2 and both were dropped in a drop box.
All it did was delay the tracking,. The first one I was a bit scared because the tracking number never showed up, but I got it back in 4 weeks. The second one exhibited the same behavior, the tracking number never worked but my new Nano was back in 10 days.

Cookierachas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2012
I had 2 and both were dropped in a drop box.
All it did was delay the tracking,. The first one I was a bit scared because the tracking number never showed up, but I got it back in 4 weeks. The second one exhibited the same behavior, the tracking number never worked but my new Nano was back in 10 days.

It seems same thing happened to me
The repair status says it was shipped Wednesday but I haven't gotten any email about it

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Apologies for hijacking this thread but I have started a poll if you are interested at options of what to do with your iPod when it arrives

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1365517/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.