Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
I can't get a grasp on Readdle products. Can someone help me out.

There's PDF expert, Readdle Docs, and now Remarks. In reading their website it looks like there's about 70% overlap in these products. When does one choose one over the other? Is one more full functioned? Do these products work together like a suite?

Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs? If I buy Remarks should I then not buy Docs?

Does anyone use all these products?

I hope their software is better than their marketing.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs?

Yes it manages documents you upload to it. Yeh there apps do have some overlap. Just gotta check the features to see which one is the best for your needs.

I only use PDF Expert right now. It's great BTW. I choose to just get it for the filling in of PDF forms. it didn't appear the other apps did that.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009

There's PDF expert, Readdle Docs, and now Remarks. In reading their website it looks like there's about 70% overlap in these products. When does one choose one over the other? Is one more full functioned? Do these products work together like a suite?

Can PDF expert manage files like Readle Docs? If I buy Remarks should I then not buy Docs?

Hi David,

I'm here to help and to clarify a few things.

In short, all these apps are different. However, some functions do overlap.

ReaddleDocs is a file manager, that allows you to work with files, store or upload them, etc. It also has some basic PDF annotation features.

PDF Expert comes as an ultimate PDF editing app. It allows you to annotate, sign, fill in PDF forms, and much more. You can also read/play any other type of file.

Remarks is a note-taking application, which is great for handwriting, sketching ideas and co-working.

So, if the person does not need the advanced PDF features of PDF Expert, he/she can go with ReaddleDocs. Remarks bundles well with both PDF Expert and ReaddleDocs.

For advanced annotation, PDF Expert is much more powerful and convenient than Remarks.

I hope this helps.

arklissa27

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012

Hi my name is Lissa ark from London....If you're just concerned about getting the files into your ipad, that's not too big an issue.

Just about all pdf readers on ios support itunes sharing meaning you can import all the pdfs you want via itunes or a dedicated program like diskaid ($10) that gives you a little more flexibility. Goodreader can also mount your ipad as a wireless disk. In my view it's a wonderful way to read pdfs and has a great file management within the app.I want to know about Family History and Photo Repair If you know that then Reply

davidhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
So as I understand it, Readdle Docs is maybe like a PDF Expert-Lite?

Does PDF expert have the same file management functions as Readdle Docs?

I already bought Readdle docs and it won't extract PDF pages. Will PDF Expert extract PDF pages quickly and easily? Or should I get Remarks? I don't need to sign, fill out forms, or highlight PDF materials, just simply delete or extract pages for email or evernote. Do Expert and Remarks have the same PDF engine and file management? If I buy one of these can I then delete Readdle docs or is there some functions I might need from it?

Based on reviews I've already spent time and money on several apps and still don't have what I need. Readdle Docs won't do it, Goodreader won't do it, Notability does it (but it's so excruciating slow that it's unusable)

A feature comparison chart on your website would go a long way toward preventing bad blood with your customers.

I appreciate your willingness to help and participate here. (Wish I would have known earlier)

Hi David,

I'm here to help and to clarify a few things.

In short, all these apps are different. However, some functions do overlap.

ReaddleDocs is a file manager, that allows you to work with files, store or upload them, etc. It also has some basic PDF annotation features.

PDF Expert comes as an ultimate PDF editing app. It allows you to annotate, sign, fill in PDF forms, and much more. You can also read/play any other type of file.

Remarks is a note-taking application, which is great for handwriting, sketching ideas and co-working.

So, if the person does not need the advanced PDF features of PDF Expert, he/she can go with ReaddleDocs. Remarks bundles well with both PDF Expert and ReaddleDocs.

For advanced annotation, PDF Expert is much more powerful and convenient than Remarks.

I hope this helps.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009
So as I understand it, Readdle Docs is maybe like a PDF Expert-Lite?

Does PDF expert have the same file management functions as Readdle Docs?

I already bought Readdle docs and it won't extract PDF pages. Will PDF Expert extract PDF pages quickly and easily? Or should I get Remarks? I don't need to sign, fill out forms, or highlight PDF materials, just simply delete or extract pages for email or evernote. Do Expert and Remarks have the same PDF engine and file management? If I buy one of these can I then delete Readdle docs or is there some functions I might need from it?

Based on reviews I've already spent time and money on several apps and still don't have what I need. Readdle Docs won't do it, Goodreader won't do it, Notability does it (but it's so excruciating slow that it's unusable)

A feature comparison chart on your website would go a long way toward preventing bad blood with your customers.

I appreciate your willingness to help and participate here. (Wish I would have known earlier)

You don't have to delete ReaddleDocs. It goes perfectly well with Remarks, which allows you to extract page/pages from the document! I am showing how it is done on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzc-Lppuoxo (go straight to 3:30).

And latest update for Remarks is just amazing and being submitted to the AppStore today.

I will try to make a chart soon.

Best,
Den

davidhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Does Remarks share the same file silo with Docs? Or does one need to use open-in to move files back and forth?

So Remarks has no file management ability? Correct?

You don't have to delete ReaddleDocs. It goes perfectly well with Remarks, which allows you to extract page/pages from the document! I am showing how it is done on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzc-Lppuoxo (go straight to 3:30).

And latest update for Remarks is just amazing and being submitted to the AppStore today.

I will try to make a chart soon.

Best,
Den

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009
Does Remarks share the same file silo with Docs? Or does one need to use open-in to move files back and forth?

So Remarks has no file management ability? Correct?

You can manage the files inside Remarks into folders (but it can't view any other files than PDFs).

We wanted to make the whole ecosystem for Readdle products via iCloud, but Apple was unhappy with that. So unfortunately, you have to use "Open In" or any other ways to get files into Remarks and ReaddleDocs separately.

davidhood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Does Remarks have the wifi drive, ftp, dropbox, idisk, webdav, evernote functions of Docs?

Does Remarks have the web browser like Docs?

You can manage the files inside Remarks into folders (but it can't view any other files than PDFs).

We wanted to make the whole ecosystem for Readdle products via iCloud, but Apple was unhappy with that. So unfortunately, you have to use "Open In" or any other ways to get files into Remarks and ReaddleDocs separately.

Readdlemate

Suspended
Jan 26, 2009
Does Remarks have the wifi drive, ftp, dropbox, idisk, webdav, evernote functions of Docs?

Does Remarks have the web browser like Docs?

Remarks does have webdav, dropbox and Google Docs. We are thinking of adding iCloud and working on Evernote integration. And no, there is no browser needed in the note-taking application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.