Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors has learned that Apple has bought out two performances of Cirque du Soleil's traveling show Totem, currently playing in San Jose, California. According to our source, Apple purchased the entire block of 2,500 tickets for each of two shows yesterday and today for employees and their guests, with Apple also picking up the tab for food and drink.

apple_cirque_totem_ticket.jpg

Scanning Twitter and other social networks, we see that a number of people associated with Apple did mention being at Cirque du Soleil yesterday, supporting our source's claim of an Apple-sponsored event.

It is unclear what the reason for the event was, whether it was a simple perk offered to company employees or if there was a specific product milestone or other reason associated with the occasion.

Article Link: Apple Treats Employees to Performances of Cirque du Soleil's 'Totem'

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Nice to see companies doing stuff like this. I know mine (pharmaceutical$) never would.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I saw tweets of Apple employees complaining that the show had uneven lighting and a pale pink look to it.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
these kinds of perks seriously make me want to switch to an IT career. i'll be working in healthcare and hospitals will NEVER do something like this for their employees.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
So what do Apple employees in other states get to do? :confused: Sounds like one of those "home office" perks. Those always go over well with the folks in the "trenches".

Jus11

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
In other news, there's no news today.

Why was it again that I was following this site...? Oh, I was waiting for some news on the new desktop models. Like every week during the last couple of months.

Btw, speaking of headline policy, do you happen to know if Tim Cook has farted?

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Nice to see companies doing stuff like this. I know mine (pharmaceutical$) never would.

My employer cancelled our Christmas party citing "current economic conditions". Then they posted record turn over, record profits, and record share dividends 3 months later. Needless to say, I am up-skilling myself so I can head on to greener pastures.

codo

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
England, United Kingdom
My employer cancelled our Christmas party citing "current economic conditions". Then they posted record turn over, record profits, and record share dividends 3 months later. Needless to say, I am up-skilling myself so I can head on to greener pastures.

Good on you!

So many companies cite the current economic climate as a reason for freezing pay, but the top managers are still changing their Jag, Merc or Beamer every 12 months and reporting positive growth... I would be out!

Companies should treat their employees occasionally, Apple is no exception.

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Cirque du Soleil is really overrated and actually kinda gross and boring when you think about how many other amazing shows there are out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.