Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawk1410

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I am thinking of getting a decent pair of headphones for use with my iPhone. Have been using a semi decent pair of Kipsch S4s after i dumped my apple earphones, just wanted something better quality and a friend suggested buying fullsized headphones.. Just wanted to see what kind of headphones do most people use here. Was assuming that i was gonna buy Beats but after a bit of research it seems they are overpriced and don't sound as good. Would like to know what headphones do you guys use.
I Like the Sennheiser HD 650s(have good reviews and look great, would go with the iPhone)but don't want open headset. If you have any recommendations for me throw mention them, but i just mainly want to know what you people use and what are your opinions of that stuff. I am by no means a audiophile and have just a done a bit of research the past week.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I personally use the Beats Tours earbuds. I've had them a year and a half now and they've been pretty good to me.

sh0ebox

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Shure E500 (current generation replacement is SE535). Have had them for probably 5 years now and I absolutely love them.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I have both in ear (UE S4i) and Around the ear (Bose AE-2) headphone.

In-ear headphone is great when you are in active and listen to music. I got pretty good deal on UE and equipped with Comply Foam tips, It is totally noise cancellation headphone.

Around the ear Headphone is suitable for working in front of computer and need some privacy. I choose Bose AE-2 because my dad have QE-2 and I am kinda Bose fan since I was a kid! :D

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I've been just using the ones that come with the phone. I HATE the new style of headphones that go inside your ear, and I haven't found a pair of buds that have the same style and have a remote to control the phone's functions. Until then, I'll stay with the stock buds :rolleyes:

mikee336

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2009
I use these http://http://www.head-fi.org/t/569239/monoprice-hi-fi-dj-style-headphone-review and absolutely love them. I'd highly recommend them especially for the price! They're a rebadged version of these Kicker headphones http://http://www.kicker.com/HP541_Headphones

83231.jpg

9040ea63_IMG_0480428.jpeg

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
lol, actually tried looking for a similar thread couldn't find it
Yer doin it wrong then. There are countless threads on this topic. What keywords and search tools are you using? Don't overlook site restricted Google searches.

Breedlove

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
Ultimate ears super.fi 3.
Got them at a deeply discounted price.
With comparable sound quality to much more expensive shure buds...
Win? I think so.

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
I use the Sony MDR-J10. Cost me $5 at Wal-Greens and they've lasted for 3 years getting yanked on and sweat on them. The hooks prevent them from falling off when doing cardio.

When I'm at home and on the phone, I use the stock earbuds with built-in mic.

If I want a decent listening experience, I use the Bose AE2is. Very portable, extremely comfortable, decent noise isolation, decent sound. Got them in a twitter contest!

Selmir

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2012
Sweden
I have Sennheiser CX 300-II, and they have really great sound and great bass, feels as a sub for crowd out! You can feel the bass in your ears really good, especially combined with an app called "Equalizer Pro" in "Bass Boost"-mode. And you never lost those rubber-plugs because they are sitting really really great at the speakers.

My old ones were Shure SE102, and they didn't had such great bass as those Sennheiser I have now. Had also a bit trubble because they sometimes fell out of my ears (?) while running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.