Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Okay, here goes. We'll be using the Nike+ app to do this, something I've never tried before. I just tested it on my phone and it appeared to work. Please read through all of the instructions several times before you start, and make sure you complete them exactly as given.

1. Download Cydia Installer here.

2. Download the attached zip file. Unzip to your desktop. You should have a file called Nike.app

2. Create a folder on your computer's desktop named "Backup." Using iFunBox, copy /var/stash/Nike.app to that folder on your computer. This will be a backup of Nike+ so that we can restore it after you've used MobileTerminal to install Cydia.

3. Using iFunBox, copy the Nike.app from your desktop to /var/stash/

4. Using iFunBox, rename the following files:

/var/stash/Nike.app to Terminal.app.

/var/stash/Terminal.app/Nike to Terminal

5. Respring your phone. You should have Terminal on your desktop. Open it to verify that it works.

6. Use iFunBox to copy cydia_1.1.6_iphoneos-arm.deb (downloaded in step 1) from your computer to the root folder / on your iPhone.

7. Open MobileTerminal and login as the root user by typing login root and entering the root password when prompted. The default is password is alpine.

8. Enter the following command exactly: dpkg -i cydia_1.1.6_iphoneos-arm.deb

9. Close MobileTerminal. Respring your iPhone.

10. You should now have Cydia on your springboard!

Now, to restore Nike.app:

11. Using iFunBox, rename the following files:

/var/stash/Terminal.app to Nike.app.

/var/stash/Nike.app/Terminal to Nike

12. Using iFunBox, copy Nike.app from the folder "Backup" you created in step 2 to /var/stash/ on your phone.

13. Respring your iPhone. Nike+ should now be working again.

14. Enjoy!

Be sure to install MobileTerminal, SSH, and iFile so you'll be able to fix this more easily if it ever happens again. Note that the version of MobileTerminal in Cydia is obsolete; you should get it from here.

Attachments

• Nike.app.zip
    257.7 KB · Views: 456

anandvikram

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
just one doubt how to copy nike.app folder . do i need to drag the folder because copy from pc option does not let me copy folder . In windows .app file is considered as folder

Last edited:

darkpr1nce

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Not working!

I followed the steps, Terminal shows up in the Springboard but doesnt open, just a black screen and back to the springboard! PLEASE HELP ME! D:

AND NOW NIKE+ DOESNT WORKS!

Last edited:

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I'm afraid you must not have followed the instructions exactly. My guess is the problem is in step 4. Did you rename the files exactly as instructed? If yes, then go through each of the steps again and check each one.

darkpr1nce

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Problem change

I followed the steps, Terminal shows up in the Springboard but doesnt open, just a black screen and back to the springboard! PLEASE HELP ME! D:

AND NOW NIKE+ DOESNT WORKS!

YEAH! I already installed Cydia 1.1.6! No the problem is Nike+, i didn't made the Backup, can I reinstall Nike app????

darkpr1nce

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Help!

I'm afraid you must not have followed the instructions exactly. My guess is the problem is in step 4. Did you rename the files exactly as instructed? If yes, then go through each of the steps again and check each one.

I Backed up Stocks App and then deleted the Terminal Folder from the Applications, and then copied the original Stocks app but doesnt opens, neither Nike app nor Stocks, how can I reinstall them!?

Ankurchandra

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2012
just one doubt how to copy nike.app folder . do i need to drag the folder because copy from pc option does not let me copy folder . In windows .app file is considered as folder

I have the same doubt. Can you please help?

I do not know how to respring because sbsettings is not installed.
I'm restarting the phone and still not able to see Terminal. (trying the Nike.app method)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
i get get the cydia icon but as soon as i open it closes...i wish i could just redo the whole loader/cydia procedure with all the necessary files

anandvikram

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
I have the same doubt. Can you please help?

I do not know how to respring because sbsettings is not installed.
I'm restarting the phone and still not able to see Terminal. (trying the Nike.app method)

Any suggestions?

simply drag the folder in ifunbox or u can use ispirit

pixelrogue

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2012
Thank you...

Should I delete UnlimTones_ file as well?

Something corrupted that kept Cydia from deleting. Ran through various tutorials to fix (reinstall etc) to the point where Cydia would do nothing but crash when opening...eventually VANISHED. This was the only set of instructions that returned Cydia.

That being said, Terminal never showed up on the desktop. Ended up installing cydia_1.1.6_iphoneos-arm.deb via iFile which returned the Cydia app and Cydia no longer crashes.

Almost home. Here are the odd Cydia behaviors:
• Lots of categories (i.e. PACKAGES, SOURCES, STORAGE), buttons etc are in caps, some w/odd names such as "PARENTHETICAL". (not a big deal)
• Still unable to delete. Maybe permissions? (even tried through iFile - no luck)

So, still thinking I need a fresh install however the more I try the worse this seems to get. Thankful to at least have Cydia back and somewhat operational.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Same problem

Im having the same issue. I bought another 4S with version 5.0.1 and unlock with Gevey. I dont want to upgrade since I dont want to lose my unlock with the gevey sim chip im using now. Im going to ty this.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Im having the same issue. I bought another 4S with version 5.0.1 and unlock with Gevey. I dont want to upgrade since I dont want to lose my unlock with the gevey sim chip im using now. Im going to ty this.

Not sure why everyone using a Gevey sim is afraid to update to 5.1.1
The Ultra 4S sim interposer works on all 4S firmwares and basebands.
You can verify this on Applenberry website.

I have used one myself on a 4S on 5.1.1 with 2.0.12 baseband before getting the phone IMEI unlocked.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Im not afraid updating to 5.1.1. In fact I tried updating a few times last night but during restore with itunes, I get this error 21 from itunes. Im not sure what thats about.

Ive already use iphone browser to do my ssh and deleted cydia app but i can still see winterboard, BTstack and barrel on the settings of my phone. Barrel is still working when I scroll thru pages on my phone.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Im not afraid updating to 5.1.1. In fact I tried updating a few times last night but during restore with itunes, I get this error 21 from itunes. Im not sure what thats about.

Ive already use iphone browser to do my ssh and deleted cydia app but i can still see winterboard, BTstack and barrel on the settings of my phone. Barrel is still working when I scroll thru pages on my phone.

Download the 5.1.1 IPSW to your desktop
Put the phone in DFU mode
Use iTunes to navigate to the IPSW
Choose set up as new
Do not restore to any backup

All old jailbreak remnants will be gone.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Download the 5.1.1 IPSW to your desktop
Put the phone in DFU mode
Use iTunes to navigate to the IPSW
Choose set up as new
Do not restore to any backup

All old jailbreak remnants will be gone.

I'm so glad this so simple yet so effective! What am I going to do without this website and people like you? Thank you so much!

My 4S is running the latest version 5.1.1, unlocked using Gevey sim imposer and jailbroken WITH CYDIA ICON! :D

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Update:

My phone is going through the "Searching" network mode and there's no message saying about "Gevey". I did turn my data cellular data network.

Hmmm....

RadiDope

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
I just wanted to chime in here and say THANK YOU. I had been trying various methods to restore cydia and none of them worked. I was at it for about 16 hours.

Anyway, instead of using the Nike app, I actually used the Stocks app in the same way and got terminal installed. I don't use the stocks app so whatever...

:apple:

BALLY187

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
no cydia need help

Hi buddy not sure if you could help please

i have a iphone 4s on 5.0.1 it is jailbroken

i added quite a few sources to cydia then it threw up a error statiing

"wow, you exceeded the number of Packages this APT is capable of

since then i delete a few files to resolve but no luck

i removed status file in /var/lib/dpkg

i also removed cyda.app as i was trying to follow info on other sites that didnt help

so now i have no cydia app on spring board and no file to dectect my previous cydia installs except availble file which other websites say hold information on previous app installs

i have ifile, terminal, sbs settings, activator

if i can get my cydia back with detecting previous cydia install that would be great or worse case just cydia to work to install new tweaks

thanks alot hope you can help

i dont want to restore my device as its at a stage where i have everything the way i want it thanks

BALLY187

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
I have thats why im asking for help as i have deleted certain files as mention and getting errors

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.