Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1
trlyka
macrumors 6502

MobileMe password issue

Every time I plug in my iPhone, the pictures come up and I get a window from MobileMe asking me to sign in. I enter my password and it tells me 'MobileMe didn't recognize your username/password combination'. What gives? If I go to the MobileMe site, I can log in just fine. But this little dialogue box says it's wrong.

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:19 AM   #2
yearziro
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlyka View Post
Every time I plug in my iPhone, the pictures come up and I get a window from MobileMe asking me to sign in. I enter my password and it tells me 'MobileMe didn't recognize your username/password combination'. What gives? If I go to the MobileMe site, I can log in just fine. But this little dialogue box says it's wrong.

Thanks

your password is case sensitive so if your typing passw0rd when it is paSSW0rd you might be having issues
yearziro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:49 PM   #3
trlyka
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearziro View Post
your password is case sensitive so if your typing passw0rd when it is paSSW0rd you might be having issues
Thanks....I wish it was that easy. But I made sure and tried several times. I even went into MobileMe through the site and logged in with my password with no problem. If I go to the Apple>System Preferences>MobileMe and try to log in there, I get the message about invalid username/password and can't get in. So I may call Apple and see if they can help me.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:40 PM   #4
EpicRebel49
macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I am also having the exact same problem. It started happening randomly although I hadn't changed any settings or my usernames and password.
EpicRebel49 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:36 PM   #5
trlyka
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicRebel49 View Post
I am also having the exact same problem. It started happening randomly although I hadn't changed any settings or my usernames and password.
Yup. All of the sudden I was getting the log in request and never changed anything either. And now I notice when I plug my iPhone into my Macbook and I have new pics, it usually asks if I want to import them. And now it says 'Import 0 Photos'. I have to select them first and then import. So something isn't right. I will probably have to call Apple and hope they have an answer.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:34 AM   #6
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

Maybe it's their way of telling you to move to iCloud while you still can
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Sgt93
macrumors 6502

I switched to iCloud a few days ago and it was a very easy process. Just do it and get it over with.

I had that problem as well. I deleted the account and added it again. Got sick of the process so I switched.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:34 PM   #8
trlyka
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt93 View Post
I switched to iCloud a few days ago and it was a very easy process. Just do it and get it over with.

I had that problem as well. I deleted the account and added it again. Got sick of the process so I switched.
Ok, so Mobile Me is going away and now everything will be in iCloud? I got an email that my iCloud storage is almost full

I don't want to pay for more storage, so I guess I have to manage it by deleting things?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:36 PM   #9
Ccrew
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlyka View Post
Ok, so Mobile Me is going away and now everything will be in iCloud? I got an email that my iCloud storage is almost full

I don't want to pay for more storage, so I guess I have to manage it by deleting things?

It's been broadly announced that MobileMe is shutting down. So much so that Apple is giving away Snow Leopard to get people to move. June 30, and you're gone. iDisc is going away, so best back up your data.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597
Ccrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:36 PM   #10
alphaod
macrumors Core

Sometimes it will say your password is wrong if Apple is doing maintenance on the servers.

Other than that, I would migrate to iCloud as soon as you can since MobileMe is shutting down. If you have MobileMe during the iCloud switch, Apple will give you an extra 20GB in space on iCloud.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:49 AM   #11
trlyka
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
It's been broadly announced that MobileMe is shutting down. So much so that Apple is giving away Snow Leopard to get people to move. June 30, and you're gone. iDisc is going away, so best back up your data.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4597
Thanks for the info. I don't use iDisc, so that's not an issue, but I will switch asap.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:49 AM   #12
trlyka
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Sometimes it will say your password is wrong if Apple is doing maintenance on the servers.

Other than that, I would migrate to iCloud as soon as you can since MobileMe is shutting down. If you have MobileMe during the iCloud switch, Apple will give you an extra 20GB in space on iCloud.
My password issue has been ongoing for a while now. I doubt it's related to maintenance. Is the 20GB upgrade automatic once I switch over?

I never paid for Mobile Me service. I read this:

I currently use more than 5GB of storage in MobileMe. Can I buy more storage for iCloud?
Yes. iCloud includes 5GB of free storage for mail, documents, and backup, which should be enough for most users. Purchased music, apps, and books do not count against this 5GB of storage, nor do the photos in your Photo Stream. If you still need more storage, you can easily purchase a storage upgrade right from your device.

So it appears they want you to pay. They say purchased music, apps, books and photos don't count towards storage space. I'm not sure what part on my iCloud is over 4GB of space Maybe contacts? Most of the music I have was not purchased from iTunes, so maybe that is part of it too.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:54 PM   #13
trlyka
macrumors 6502

I'm getting annoyed with MobileMe

I am trying to log into MobileMe from System Preferences>MobileMe. It tells me my username or password is invalid and asks if I want it to email my password. I choose that option, but I have no idea what email it's linked to. I went to my me.com email and there are no messages. It doesn't go to my yahoo, so I have no idea where it's going. I just want MobileMe to go away. How can I do that if I can't log in? Or will it just disappear eventually? I am tired of this log in issue. I don't know how to transition from MobileMe to iCloud. I already have iCloud, so what is MobileMe doing for me?

I don't really know what my password would be. I've tried the ones I would assume it to be. I can go to the Mobile me site and it logs in automatically. If I go through Sys Pref and MobileMe, I can't log in.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro