Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

drawsomethingicon1-150x150.png

Draw Something, the wildly popular app that led Zynga to acquire creator OMGPOP for $200 million, has received a major update. The update, which applies to both the free and paid versions of Draw Something, adds a number of features that the apps' millions of users have been requesting, reports The Next Web.
The update brings three new features that should be nice for regular players, including comments, the ability to save your drawing to your photo library and direct sharing of your drawings to Facebook and Twitter.

The updated app now also allows you to undo a single line at a time, but only the last one you've drawn. It also adds 'pull-to-refresh' to the main view, allowing you to snag an updated list of your games.
Draw Something is available in two versions, one free and one for $0.99 on the App Store. [Direct link: Free/$0.99]

Article Link: Draw Something Update Adds Sharing, Saving and Undo

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I need to join a DrawSomething Annonymous group!! That game is even more addicting than Bejeweled. I'm even contemplating buying a stylus (gasp! The horror, I know!) so that it will help with my drawings.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I was interested until Zynga bought it. Their actions and statements alike just reached the point where I can’t even stomach feeding them ad views. There are so many great games; I’ll have to spend the time enjoying others!

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It still doesn't look "retina" to me. They should clean up the graphics a little more. It was an earlier update that said it supported the new retina display. It sure doesn't seem like it.

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I need to join a DrawSomething Annonymous group!! That game is even more addicting than Bejeweled. I'm even contemplating buying a stylus (gasp! The horror, I know!) so that it will help with my drawings.

I love my stylus; since I don't have an iPad & trying to draw anything on a 3.5" screen with my finger is darn near impossible.

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I love my stylus; since I don't have an iPad & trying to draw anything on a 3.5" screen with my finger is darn near impossible.

Same here. AND, I'm going to say it...I wish iPhone had a slot to hold a stylus. It's also quite helpful for Angry Birds Space to avoid that annoying angle change when you pull your finger off the screen.

cvam1985

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2011
I had a brief addiction to this game. Despite its annoying bugs and lack of features and repeating words I had a load of fun.

Then one day I just simply got tired of it. My friends "nudge" me daily to take my turn but I don't see myself regularly playing anymore.

Duel

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2011
Still no notification sound? is it that hard to add it, i'v been waiting update and noticed update available but Still it's not working (using newest iPad) does someone has notification sound working? It's most important feature for this kind of game.

Edit* i have full version

Last edited:

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
I've just done the update and it seems I can no longer log in using Facebook without allowing the app to post to my wall on my behalf. Prior to this you could choose whether you wanted it to do this or not. I never allow anything to post on my wall, certainly not a game, so I'm pretty pissed off that a game I paid for doesn't continue to work in the way it was sold to me.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I've just done the update and it seems I can no longer log in using Facebook without allowing the app to post to my wall on my behalf. Prior to this you could choose whether you wanted it to do this or not. I never allow anything to post on my wall, certainly not a game, so I'm pretty pissed off that a game I paid for doesn't continue to work in the way it was sold to me.

I'm pissed off about this too. I don't want DrawSomething making posts and crap on Facebook. There must be a way to turn that part off.

Mike Oxard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
I'm pissed off about this too. I don't want DrawSomething making posts and crap on Facebook. There must be a way to turn that part off.

I just managed to log in using my email address and it didn't ask me to approve any Facebook stupidity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.