Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ophidean

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Love Photostream, only thing that is annoying is that my Apple TV screensaver plays the same photos over and over from 2 months ago? I have taken a ton of new photos that are in the cloud, it seems like it's not pulling those.

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
For me this is a recent issue. Updated photos are now updated randomly. No updates for a week then a lot on one day, but not all of my new photos. Could be the cloud is getting worked harder now that everyone can delete photos from the photo stream.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
One question about photo stream

If I delete one photo from my iPad , it doesn't delete the photo on my iPhone , that's not possible to do ?

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
It should delete from your photo stream. But I think that the Photo Stream only syncs with the cloud when your device is on wifi. So, if you delete from iPad while at the park that won't be pushed to the cloud until you are on wifi, and your iPhone wouldn't remove that deleted photo until it was on wifi. I am pretty sure.

Monchompa

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
Was there ever a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue, I have 2 apple TV's and and same issue on both. I have photo stream on iphone and ipad, but it only shows pics from my initial upload from like a year ago. absolutely no new pics.. and i can clearly see there are hundreds of new pics in photo stream.

iphone is connected to 3G and wifi sometimes
Ipad is connected to wifi successfully
Apple TV is updated to current version

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Try going into the PhotoStream app. I've found that I need to do that after my AppleTV has been unplugged to get it to start pulling in photos again.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I haven't had luck with Photostream in Apple TV. For some reason it's not syncing with the photostreams I have in my iPhone, iPad and iMac. Also I can see the Photostreams Albums I've shared and it even tells me how many pictures I supposedly have but when I go the albums, the pictures are just blank, they're there but blank. When I click on one of the blank pictures, it looks like it's trying to load with the spinwheel showing but nothing happens. Any suggestions or tips that I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.