Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1
AtomicGTR
Banned

ChefMacDaddy

ChefMacDaddy - If you see this post, please understand that it is nothing personal, just business.

I've been reading this users post and I haven't laughed like this for years.
Here are some classics

Single Heterosexual Catholic Male Has Bought the MBP!
Hi guys, I would firstly like to thank everyone who helped me make the decision on my previous forum. I have made my decision and have bought it early due to move-in-day.

I have decided to go with a 15" MBP!

After settling in and meeting my male roommate for the first time, I also compared his notebook with mine. I'm very glad to say that he has bought a 13" Macbook Air, so I will not be the homosexual when people come in our dorm. I got the high-resolution 15" so I will still be seen as the manly one.

I haven't used this machine a lot, I have only used it for some of the freshman activities. I feel that carrying this laptop will be a pain in my back after a while, but will be well worth it for when lectures begin. I did see the comments about taking notes with pen and paper, but come on guys, I bought this 2K machine to be able to show it to my colleagues, not my cats back at home. After going to NJ, I don't know if there are many Catholic girls my parents will approve of, which is a bummer, but I'm here to study! Not meet a potential wife.

I haven't been satisfied with the 15" MBP, I find that my wrists hurt after an hour of use due to the sharp edges, and the speakers aren't really too good on it. So I decided that I'll continue to use my old HP Envy in my dorm and just take my MBP to local gatherings and lectures.

Hopefully my colleagues won't think I'm not normal for having an anti-glare screen with the silver border.

Anyways, thanks again. Best wishes.

Hey MacRumateers.

After starting college, I've noticed that I'm having trouble finding a girlfriend, or a friend that's a girl for that matter. My best friend, who is also my roommate has already found a suitable girl. I'm living in NJ so it's not the most conservative place. I bought a Macbook Pro in order to impress others, but that has been no help. So I decided to start buying designer clothing and Lacoste shoes, but I don't think that has helped too much. I'm fit and an extremely attractive guy, ask anyone, yet, I can not find anyone!
I am not picky at all. I just need a female who shares my religious beliefs and is decent looking.

I'm writing about this because in high school I had many girlfriends, sure they only lasted a few weeks on average, but hey, it counts. Now that I'm in college, I find that all the girls are "looser" but none of them want to be with me for some reason. I've bought expensive toys, new outfits, but I can't reel anyone in. Anytime I ask out a girl, which I have done about 5 times now, they have the same response... either that they are not interested, or that I'm not their type. What's up with that? I am good looking! They should be considered lucky to even be in the same room with me, it was like winning the lottery to be able to kiss me in high school. So what if the girls I broke up with said I was heart-less, that was only their perspective of things. There's absolutely nothing wrong with me, it has always been the girl. I am a great guy when I find a girl interesting!!! I can even cook! I am a catch.

I'm finding it hard to adapt to the single life now... So anyone on MacRumors who is single and in the NJ, 07205 area please give me a shot, I'm a really great guy. (As long as you meet my criteria located in my signature)

Thanks for listening to my problems. I just needed to vent since my roommate who's taken won't understand. College has been hard for me.

I can add pictures if anyone's interested.

Hello Mac Enthusiasts.

I was wondering what kind of car you would recommend for a:
-Young (Style is always appreciated, no hatchbacks and wagons please)
-Single (Prefer a coupe)
-Straight (No VW Beetles or Miatas please)
-Caucasian (Speaks for itself)
-Male (No minivans please, I'm not looking to be a soccer mom) (Sporty)
-I'm also Catholic, but I think that's irrelevant when looking for a car. So that's not really important.

My budget is $5000 and I plan on driving it for 2-4 years. This would be my first car.

I'm looking for a car no older than 2000 and it must last me for the duration I plan on using it for. Also, I want to be able to buy the suggested model with less than 120k on it. I'd appreciate it if you could keep that in mind.

A car I really would like but is a reach on my budget is an BMW E46 Series Ci (coupe). Those usually require $6000+ though.

Thanks in advance.

Keep PM'ing Me.

It's my first day on this forum and I have never been on a funnier one in my life! He is saying how important it is to be a catholic and then while he has a relationship he's still looking for more women! And here is a photo of Mac Daddy:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ictures018.jpg

So here are a few beliefs of mac daddy:

13" macs are gay
Being a catholic makes a difference to what computer you buy - there are no "catholic approved" macs!
Racist (As seen on the Caucasian (Speaks for itself) post)

-I'm also Catholic, but I think that's irrelevant when looking for a car. So that's not really important. - SO WHY DID YOU SAY IT!?

I'm very confused with this member, can someone help me out?

Last edited by AtomicGTR; Apr 20, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
AtomicGTR is offline   5
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:44 AM   #2
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicGTR View Post
I've been reading this users post and I haven't laughed like this for years.
Here are some classics

Single Heterosexual Catholic Male Has Bought the MBP!
Hi guys, I would firstly like to thank everyone who helped me make the decision on my previous forum. I have made my decision and have bought it early due to move-in-day.

I have decided to go with a 15" MBP!

After settling in and meeting my male roommate for the first time, I also compared his notebook with mine. I'm very glad to say that he has bought a 13" Macbook Air, so I will not be the homosexual when people come in our dorm. I got the high-resolution 15" so I will still be seen as the manly one.

I haven't used this machine a lot, I have only used it for some of the freshman activities. I feel that carrying this laptop will be a pain in my back after a while, but will be well worth it for when lectures begin. I did see the comments about taking notes with pen and paper, but come on guys, I bought this 2K machine to be able to show it to my colleagues, not my cats back at home. After going to NJ, I don't know if there are many Catholic girls my parents will approve of, which is a bummer, but I'm here to study! Not meet a potential wife.

I haven't been satisfied with the 15" MBP, I find that my wrists hurt after an hour of use due to the sharp edges, and the speakers aren't really too good on it. So I decided that I'll continue to use my old HP Envy in my dorm and just take my MBP to local gatherings and lectures.

Hopefully my colleagues won't think I'm not normal for having an anti-glare screen with the silver border.

Anyways, thanks again. Best wishes.

Hey MacRumateers.

After starting college, I've noticed that I'm having trouble finding a girlfriend, or a friend that's a girl for that matter. My best friend, who is also my roommate has already found a suitable girl. I'm living in NJ so it's not the most conservative place. I bought a Macbook Pro in order to impress others, but that has been no help. So I decided to start buying designer clothing and Lacoste shoes, but I don't think that has helped too much. I'm fit and an extremely attractive guy, ask anyone, yet, I can not find anyone!
I am not picky at all. I just need a female who shares my religious beliefs and is decent looking.

I'm writing about this because in high school I had many girlfriends, sure they only lasted a few weeks on average, but hey, it counts. Now that I'm in college, I find that all the girls are "looser" but none of them want to be with me for some reason. I've bought expensive toys, new outfits, but I can't reel anyone in. Anytime I ask out a girl, which I have done about 5 times now, they have the same response... either that they are not interested, or that I'm not their type. What's up with that? I am good looking! They should be considered lucky to even be in the same room with me, it was like winning the lottery to be able to kiss me in high school. So what if the girls I broke up with said I was heart-less, that was only their perspective of things. There's absolutely nothing wrong with me, it has always been the girl. I am a great guy when I find a girl interesting!!! I can even cook! I am a catch.

I'm finding it hard to adapt to the single life now... So anyone on MacRumors who is single and in the NJ, 07205 area please give me a shot, I'm a really great guy. (As long as you meet my criteria located in my signature)

Thanks for listening to my problems. I just needed to vent since my roommate who's taken won't understand. College has been hard for me.

I can add pictures if anyone's interested.

Hello Mac Enthusiasts.

I was wondering what kind of car you would recommend for a:
-Young (Style is always appreciated, no hatchbacks and wagons please)
-Single (Prefer a coupe)
-Straight (No VW Beetles or Miatas please)
-Caucasian (Speaks for itself)
-Male (No minivans please, I'm not looking to be a soccer mom) (Sporty)
-I'm also Catholic, but I think that's irrelevant when looking for a car. So that's not really important.

My budget is $5000 and I plan on driving it for 2-4 years. This would be my first car.

I'm looking for a car no older than 2000 and it must last me for the duration I plan on using it for. Also, I want to be able to buy the suggested model with less than 120k on it. I'd appreciate it if you could keep that in mind.

A car I really would like but is a reach on my budget is an BMW E46 Series Ci (coupe). Those usually require $6000+ though.

Thanks in advance.

Keep PM'ing Me.

It's my first day on this forum and I have never been on a funnier one in my life! He is saying how important it is to be a catholic and then while he has a relationship he's still looking for more women! And here is a photo of Mac Daddy:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ictures018.jpg

So here are a few beliefs of mac daddy:

13" macs are gay
Being a catholic makes a difference to what computer you buy - there are no "catholic approved" macs!
Racist (As seen on the Caucasian (Speaks for itself) post)

-I'm also Catholic, but I think that's irrelevant when looking for a car. So that's not really important. - SO WHY DID YOU SAY IT!?

I'm very confused with this member, can someone help me out?
Hey there!! Sorry I haven't posted in FOREVER! I signed up and forgot about my account until now. I'm generally agreeing with you and this post, but since this is a thread that is basically a personal attack against another member, it'll probably be closed very soon.
Monkeyfoahead is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:48 AM   #3
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyfoahead View Post
Hey there!! Sorry I haven't posted in FOREVER! I signed up and forgot about my account until now. I'm generally agreeing with you and this post, but since this is a thread that is basically a personal attack against another member, it'll probably be closed very soon.
Oh no, I'm not attacking Mac Daddy - Don't take this wrong, I just think it's funny. I'm in no way attacking him! No need to close the thread and no harm was intended when I was making this thread!
AtomicGTR is offline   2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:52 AM   #4
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not attacking Mac Daddy - Don't take this wrong, I just think it's funny. I'm in no way attacking him! No need to close the thread and no harm was intended when I was making this thread!
From the rules: Taunting. Mocking or taunting another forum member is not acceptable. Posts that ridicule another member or obviously exaggerate or misstate their views may be removed.

I personally am on your side in thinking that he isn't liked, but this could be seen as a personal attack. You may have unleashed a beast.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:00 AM   #5
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
From the rules: Taunting. Mocking or taunting another forum member is not acceptable. Posts that ridicule another member or obviously exaggerate or misstate their views may be removed.

I personally am on your side in thinking that he isn't liked, but this could be seen as a personal attack. You may have unleashed a beast.
I'm not taunting or mocking him. I have not exaggerated anything. I have have done is simply copy his posts. I have NOT added anything or took anything a way. My post is a post of facts only. No mocking, no taunting and no attacking. Just simply asking what other think. Like I said, I don't intend to attack anybody (Not my style) I'm just confused with this member! It's nothing personal, it's stricktly business.

Last edited by AtomicGTR; Apr 20, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
AtomicGTR is offline   4
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
I'm not taunting or mocking him. I have not exaggerated anything. I have have done is simply copy his posts. I have added anything or took anything a way. My post is a post of facts only. No mocking, no taunting and no attacking. Just simply asking what other think. Like I said, I don't intend to attack anybody (Not my style) I'm just confused with this member!
Beware of the can of worms that this could open for you.
Monkeyfoahead is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:05 AM   #7
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
Beware of the can of worms that this could open for you.
Well, I don't want any trouble. I'm not giving the user a "personal attack", I just copied and pasted his posts! I have not exaggerated on anything. But like I said, it's nothing personal, it's strictly business.
AtomicGTR is offline   2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:06 AM   #8
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
I'm not taunting or mocking him. I have not exaggerated anything. I have have done is simply copy his posts. I have added anything or took anything a way. My post is a post of facts only. No mocking, no taunting and no attacking. Just simply asking what other think. Like I said, I don't intend to attack anybody (Not my style) I'm just confused with this member! It's nothing personal, it's stricktly business.
how is it anything but personal?! you are calling him out specifically. Needlessly might I add.

Your whole agenda is to mock him.
dukebound85 is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:07 AM   #9
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
Well, I don't want any trouble. I'm not giving the user a "personal attack", I just copied and pasted his posts! I have not exaggerated on anything. But like I said, it's nothing personal, it's strictly business.
If that's the story you want to stick to. Even though he's a total douche, there's nothing that we can do about it - his daddy has money.
Monkeyfoahead is offline   2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:08 AM   #10
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebound85 View Post
how is it anything but personal?! you are calling him out specifically. Needlessly might I add.

Your whole agenda is to mock him.

I'm not mocking him. I'm simply asking everybody's opinion on him. And it isn't personal, it is strictly business.

----------

Quote:
his daddy has money.

Enlighten me further please...
AtomicGTR is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:11 AM   #11
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
I'm not mocking him. I'm simply asking everybody's opinion on him. And it isn't personal, it is strictly business.[COLOR="#808080"]
How is it "business"? You are calling him out, highlighting and making fun of his posts. You want other people to make fun of him as you are as evidenced by you admitting you laugh at his posts. Sounds very personal.

Comeon now, you are purposefully mocking him. What do you take us for?
dukebound85 is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:11 AM   #12
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
I'm not mocking him. I'm simply asking everybody's opinion on him. And it isn't personal, it is strictly business.

----------

Enlighten me further please...
Publicly calling someone out in a thread like this isn't ok.

----

I'm not sure you can be enlightened.
I cant make it clearer than "his daddy has money"
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:11 AM   #13
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
How is it "business"? You are calling him out. You want other people to make fun of him as you are as evidenced by you admitting you laugh at his posts.

Comeon now, you are purposefully mocking him. What do you take us for?
No no no, just business.
AtomicGTR is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:12 AM   #14
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
"his daddy has money"
How do you know?
AtomicGTR is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:12 AM   #15
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
"His daddy has money."
Go away troll.
Monkeyfoahead is offline   -2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:13 AM   #16
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
No no no, just business.
well you have yet to explain how it is business...what does that even mean in this context?

regardless, I reported this thread as it is against the rules so enjoy it while it lasts
dukebound85 is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:14 AM   #17
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
Go away troll.
Come on, I don't mean any harm. I'm very sorry if I have offended anybody. Please understand that it isn't my style to attack someone.

MacDaddy, if you can see this, please do NOT take any offence. I don't intend any offence. When I made this post I didn't class this as harassing as I haven't exaggerated anything, or used any abuse. Sorry for any mis-understanding.
AtomicGTR is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:15 AM   #18
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
MacDaddy, if you can see this, please do NOT take any offence. I don't intend any offence.
then why make the thread?
dukebound85 is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:19 AM   #19
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
then why make the thread?

It's just that in my whole life I haven't seen anything like it. I was in total shock when I saw his posts I just wanted to show everybody them as I am just so confused. No offence intended to Mr Mac Daddy. I just wanted opinions.

Last edited by AtomicGTR; Apr 20, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
AtomicGTR is offline   0
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:36 AM   #20
BiigBiscuit
macrumors member

Quote:
OK I'll tell the truth. It's just that in my whole life I haven't seen anything like it. I was in total shock when I saw his posts I just wanted to show everybody them as I am just so confused. No offence intended to Mr Mac Daddy. I just wanted opinions.
I actually found it quite surprising that everyone jumped on the OP.

Anyways, OP is a gentleman and a scholar. I was actually reading some of MacDaddy's posts/threads earlier today and found myself thinking the same thing. Honestly, I wonder what goes through the guy's head when he posts some things.
BiigBiscuit is offline   3
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:40 AM   #21
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigBiscuit View Post
I actually found it quite surprising that everyone jumped on the OP.

Anyways, OP is a gentleman and a scholar. I was actually reading some of MacDaddy's posts/threads earlier today and found myself thinking the same thing. Honestly, I wonder what goes through the guy's head when he posts some things.
Thank you BiigBiscuit for understanding where I was coming from. I couldn't believe some of the things he posts! It's just that he thinks that being a catholic makes a difference what car you have. And the 13 macbook is gay. I just don't understand what his thought pattern is when he is posting these posts. Definitely no offence intended.
AtomicGTR is offline   4
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:44 AM   #22
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
Thank you BiigBiscuit for understanding where I was coming from. I couldn't believe some of the things he posts! It's just that he thinks that being a catholic makes a difference what car you have. And the 13 macbook is gay. I just don't understand what his thought pattern is when he is posting these posts. Definitely no offence intended.

I know him, and I think that he's quite the douchebag, but you didn't need to call him out in public on the forums.

Just kidding. I don't know him. but he's still a dick
Monkeyfoahead is offline   2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:51 AM   #23
AtomicGTR
Banned

Quote:
I know him, and I think that he's quite the douchebag, but you didn't need to call him out in public on the forums.

Just kidding. I don't know him. but he's still a dick
Look now who's calling him!
AtomicGTR is offline   2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:53 AM   #24
Monkeyfoahead
Banned

Quote:
Look now who's calling him!
What about it? I didn't make an entire thread about it.
Monkeyfoahead is offline   1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:55 AM   #25
angelneo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
No no no, just business.
Just because you say it's business, doesn't mean it's not personal.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland